What's new

How many times do you use your DE Blade before you change it?

I have very course beard hair and I need to do at least 3 passes so it looks like I actually shaved so DE blades usually will only last 2 and sometimes 3 shaves at most and on rare occasions I will only get 1 shave from a blade. I find shaving an arduous task because my beard hair is so course it is soo labor intensive to get a decent shave. Even after 3 passes my face still feels like sandpaper. Using an expensive blade doesn't seem to help much either. It doesn't help that I also have sensitive skin.

After 3 shaves, sometimes 4 shaves, if the 3rd was real close and comfortable. I'm always assured of a smooth shave this way. I never need to change blades during a shave. It works for me.

I have only gotten more than 8 days from a DE blade once. Usually it's five. I'm thinking that I will probably go to three uses for most and toss 'em. Got to make room for more. :blush:

I pretty much never shave Saturday. If I shave Sunday, I put a new blade in then. But a lot of time I don't and just start Monday. So I use it at least 5 days and sometimes 6. I only do a 2 pass shave.
I usually change the blade every Monday. But - my beard is not overly heavy and I usually don't shave on Saturday ... or if I do ... it is only a double pass. Sunday is only a double pass too.

3 shaves for me. Sometimes less if it's giving me reason to doubt it.

I do 3 passes everywhere, sometimes a 4th pass on neck/jawline +buffing.

My whiskers feel like they're made out of steel wire. I find that no matter what blade I use, and no matter how much prep I do, I cannot get a blade to last more than 7 passes. On pass number 8 my face turns into hamburger. So I swap mine out ever two shaves (three passes each). They're so cheap I can't be bothered with trying to extend the life of them.

3 shaves for me. Sometimes less if it's giving me reason to doubt it.

I do 3 passes everywhere, sometimes a 4th pass on neck/jawline +buffing.

I just used a WM Wilkinson for the second time. Upon reflection, I'm going to retire it and try something else I haven't tried before ...

Being a DE noob, I'm working through my samples and retiring each blade after two shaves. I've got six types to try out (two down, four to go), and I'll work backwards through them again to give each a fair test as I tweak technique. I'm using Williams/KMF superlather for all this testing, BTW.

I may go three rounds like this before settling on a favorite blade order, after which I'll go for some longevity testing on the best ones.

Wow, you guys are lucky to get several shaves out of one blade of ANY type. I usually get about two for most blades. I have a pretty tough beard and it dulls the bejesus out of 'em rather quickly. This is exactly the reason I went back to DE shaving! Cost!

Love my red tip, turns almost any blade into a good blade!

2 or 3 and I'm done, I do 3 or 4 passes each shave. I've though about trying to see just how long a blade could last, then I though why.

One week. usually xtg, atg + touchup. I just switch razor and blade on a Saturday. If I shave every day the blade lasts, if I skip a day here or there its a bit more work on the day but less shaves in the week. I like to keep it simple.

Top Bottom