What's new

Little bit of knowledge required please.

Being brand new and living the other side of the Pond so to speak could someone give me a couple of pointers please.

1. When I log on how do I go straight to my own posts. (I know it's easy, but not for me!)

2. When something sells for, say, $50 CONUS. I know this is something to do with insurance but does that apply for UK buyers?

I am sure there will be some other stupid questions so please bear with me if I ask some more.

Thank a lot.

Let me start by saying, Welcome to B&B!

Being brand new and living the other side of the Pond so to speak could someone give me a couple of pointers please.

1. When I log on how do I go straight to my own posts. (I know it's easy, but not for me!)

I, too am relatively new, but here are 2 ways of seeing your posts:

1- Under User CP, go to your profile, statistics click threads or post by this user.

2- Subscribe to your thread, then it will show up when you click User CP.
Subscribe is in the Thread Tools tab at the top of the thread.

2. When something sells for, say, $50 CONUS. I know this is something to do with insurance but does that apply for UK buyers?

I am sure there will be some other stupid questions so please bear with me if I ask some more.

Thank a lot.

CONUS is contiguous US, i.e. usually the Lower 48 US States. It doesn't have anything to do with insurance. It means that shipping to the Lower 48 States is included in the price. Price + Shipping to UK will most likely be higher.

Hey badger,
1. You can go to:
User CP
>Your Profile
>Statistics
>Find all posts by roughasabadger

2. CONUS referes to the contiguous United States and in this context typically refers to a price including shipping to this geography.

Cheers!

P.S. what Jamie said

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member

Thank a lot.

Don't worry about the questions, ask if you don't know. :thumbup1:

1. On top of what was said you can always search on your username. Click on Seach in the top menu, go to 'Advanced Search' and you can put your username in.

2. CONUS (as mentioned) is for Continental US, it doesn't include insurance unless the seller mentions it. CONUK would be in a sale for UK only :)tongue_sm). Most sales are CONUS but if you see something that you would like, drop a private message (PM) to the seller and ask if he/she would ship to the UK. Most seller will if you pay the difference.

Top Bottom