What's new

Do you change blades over time???

I'm only three months into DE shaving and really enjoying it. I was wondering, do you find the blade you loved just isn't working for you any more and you need to revisit other blades over time? Just a side note, I tried The Art of Shaving Cream, WOW does that stuff explode out of the mug. What an awesome shaving cream.:thumbup1:

Blades, like other products, may change in their feel and usefulness as you technique moves along. It's worth holding onto a few brands and revisiting.

I switched between a few in the first year, but have increasingly gone to Feathers lately. I might have to get a large order in before the Shavepocalypse.

I like switching things up with razors and blades. I have a one track mind...so for month I'll be a hardcore user of one product and then the next month something else. :laugh:

Prime example...I've been enjoying cartridge shaving of late.

Went through 14 different brands of blades in 5&1/2 months. Have settled on three brands as working great for me. Will probably experiment with new brands from time to time, but won't revisit the ones that did not make the cut. I am sure about my choices.

I've used a couple of different brands since I started DE shaving. I may try some of the other highly-regarded blades in the near future just to make sure I'm not missing anything, but I'm pretty happy with Feathers.

On a side note, this is actually one of the things I like best about shaving with an SE razor: there aren't as many types of blades or models of razors to try so my acquisition disorders stay under control.

Top Bottom