What's new

Weird AOS experience...

I don't usually post experiences like this but this one rubbed me the wrong way so I figured where better to share it than with you gentlemen.

I bought my wife the AOS Rose Shaving Cream and Aftershave Milk as a little present and as a nice way of including her in my wetshaving hobby/lifestyle/disorder/whatever you call it. It was obviously pricey but we have had fun with it, showing her the DE razor and enjoying some time together sans children, tvs and daily craziness. Considering all that I concluded that it was a worthwhile purchase.

We moved a few weeks ago and she hasn't used the shaving cream since the move. The other day when I went to use it (I dabble from time to time so it doesn't get lonely) nothing came out of the pump... It's a pump bottle with kind of a small cylindrical top. I though this was odd because we had only used it 5 or 6 times and there's no way a $25 bottle of shaving cream only has 5 shaves in it.

I call AOS corporate and they tell me to bring it back to the store and they will happily replace it. I walk over to the store yesterday with the bottle in my hand and tell them what happened, "Got for my wife, used 5 times, nothing comes out, can't be empty, etc..." Well, that's when the run around started. His responses ranged from, "Her legs have much more surface than a face so it's possible that she has used it up with less shaves (Thanks buddy, but my wife's legs aren't the size of a small village, I have shaved with AOS Sandalwood maybe 30 times and the tub is still half full), "The top on it should prevent it from drying out" (I didn't know AOS had developed airtight pump bottles) and "Feel how heavy the new one is compared to yours" (Doesn't explain the 5 shave limit).

He was clearly rushed and trying to sell a $150 chrome mach 3 to a business suit who was wandering around. Eventually he gave me a new bottle of shaving cream in exchange for the old one (the new one has a different top btw, so obviously they had problems from other customers).

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because they did exchange the bottle, but the way they did it rubbed me the wrong way. Too bad, because I'm a big fan of their products, just not their prices. You'd think for those markups, that top notch customer service would follow...

The biggest peeve of AOS for me is that they don't know how to negotiate multiple customers at once. I can never get service when I walk in if theres already another customer there looking at fusions or somethign silly. The one occassion I wouldn't mind being asked if I needed help is the only time I can't get it.

Hm, the store local to me is pretty handy with the service, actually. I haven't had any bad experiences from them.

Sorry you ran afoul of bad folks at yours.

Then again, the people that work at their outlets aren't direct extensions of the creators. Can't really blame the company for hiring a guy from the neck down.

Your story is a little confusing or maybe I'm just not getting it. What do you think was wrong with the bottle? You suggest that there is still soap in there, so I'm not sure what you mean by 5 shave limit. Was the pump just clogged or dried out at the head? Did you try to get it going again with some hot water? Or was the container empty after 5 shaves and you don't think you got got enough soap initially? I have no idea what the problem is, except that you can't get soap, which isn't the problem, only a symptom.

Steve

Top Bottom