What's new

Amazed at all the different blades!

Hello Gent's,
I have been wet shaving for 28 years now but I have joined the B&B a few weeks ago. In that time I've procured a few razors, a few pucks of different soaps, a newly restored Badger brush and a DRAWER FULL OF BLADES!

I am simply amazed that in most of the drug stores around here you can't even find DE blades anymore, however on the internet there are slews of them. Every time I think I have learned all the brands, I find 5 or 10 more that I have never heard of. I can only guess that in other parts of he world DE shaving is still common...........OR, they just can not make them here economically. Be that as it may, I am very happy to see there are so many to choose from. I am having fun trying all the different samples, but if I do not write things down I will most likely forget how he first ones were when I get to the middle of the drawer.

Regards,
D/E Bob

I know what you mean. The internet opens up a world of availability! Depending on how deep your pockets are that may not be a good thing.. :wink2:

It's quite astounding, isn't it? Variety can be both exciting and daunting, though.
-- Chet

Why, bless my buttons! You nailed that one squarely! :thumbup1:

I was in my local Wally World this afternoon for no good reason at all and wandered, as usual, down the shaving aisle. I found, for the first time ever, Wilkinson blades from Germany at the same $1.76 they get for the U.S. Personnas. So, I bought 'em on impulse. And I don't know when I'll get around to cracking them open. In the queue are at least seven other brands from Africa, Asia, and Europe. But I satisfied my RAD jones for today. :blush:

Last edited:
Top Bottom