What's new

Joris Razor: A very close shave indeed

Stubblefield Good review and thanks for takin the time to share this with us.

I am concerned with the aggressiveness of the razor so this will help me with my consideration on purchasing a joris. Can you answer if you have experienced more stubble earlier in the day. Was your face raw or had a rough feel?

And thanks.

Stubblefield Good review and thanks for takin the time to share this with us.

I am concerned with the aggressiveness of the razor so this will help me with my consideration on purchasing a joris. Can you answer if you have experienced more stubble earlier in the day. Was your face raw or had a rough feel?

And thanks.
You are most welcome; It was my pleasure to write up the review. On to your questions.

Do I experience more stubble earlier in the day? Just the opposite: Less stubble later in the day. Usually by 6pm I have a good amount of stubble. Shaving with the Joris, I have less, and it is noticeable.

Is my face raw or does it have a rough feeling after shaving? I have experienced no irritation with the Joris, but I have had a few nicks here and there, so after shaving I'll use a dab of Baxter of CA ASB but nothing else. After shaving, I have no irritation and a very smooth face.

No roughness, no irritation, just a close shave.

UPDATE: I managed to get 12 excellent shaves from a Personna 74 before retiring it, which is a few less than what I could manage in a Krona. No matter, I wont be running out of P74s for about 15 years. The shaves were all excellent.

The blades that have most impressed me in the Joris so far are the Astra Superior Platinum and the Kai. I can manage 4 excellent shaves from both blades, with no irritation or roughness. I also get a great shave with the Feather, but can only eek one good shave out of the blade. Sad, sad. Most NOS blades like the P74 and older Gillettes work very well, as do NOS Wilks. No surprise there.

Current production Gillettes I have had no luck with, with the exception of the Gillette Green package stainless. They mostly feel too rough on the initial pass. And Iridium Supers are decent, tho not as smooth as Astras. Go figure. In my #58 I have the opposite experience.

Also: I have also changed up how I shave, with much better results. Currently, I make two full face WTG passes, and one ATG pass on the neck only, yielding a true BBS-till-6-PM shave. And I am not kidding about that.

I'm super pleased that the Joris allows one less pass and a closer shave to boot. :thumbup:

Overall? I could not be more pleased with the Joris.

Last edited:
Top Bottom