What's new

gold Aristocrat case

I came across a shiney gold Aristocrat case while I was up north checking out an antique mall. sadly, the case was missing the razor to which the case belonged. the seller wanted $15 for it and i'm wondering if I should've picked it up to house my Gold Aristocrat. Although, I have a feeling it wouldn't have fit. so should I have bought the case?

While cases generally don't seem to command the same kind of prices that razors do, cases seem more rare than the razors which they housed. I don't understand how that works, but it seems to be the general case. Even if it wasn't the proper case for the one that you currently have, you could always try to complete the set or pass the case along to someone here. I don't think you'd have any trouble recouping what you put into it.

I alway make a point of purchasing cases that are in good condition. You never know when you will be able to fill it.

+1 I will always buy empty cases if it's a reasonable value and quality. I tend to weight the interior more then the exterior. There is nothing quite like a pristine interior.

And if you have an empty case, it will magically fill with a wonderful shiny razor.

:ohmy:

-jim

And to prove my point, I bought this on the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370412839672

Half of them I tossed immediately. I mean, how many crappy valet cases does one need? Out of all of these, I put to use 3 already (one a very nice interior old type case that says Old Type on it) and I have maybe another 5 or so that are nice and I will find use for.

Never pass up a reasonably priced case. Like Brian says, there are fewer cases then there are razors.

-jim

If I were you, I would have bought the case. Good-quality razor-cases can be hard to find. I spent two months trying to track one down when I wanted one. 90% of the ones I found were either too small, too broken, the wrong type or wrong style.

If you find a razor-case...buy it.

Bought this rare ABC/Gillette pocket set leather case for $15 shipped. It's in pretty good shape considering the ABC leather cases from 1915 usually don't have much leather left on them and usually have their snap closures missing. I've already got the blade box for it. The razor will be easier to find than the case was. (yes, it says 0 bids. When I told the seller the case and razor were mismatched, seller ended the auction. So I asked seller if he/she'd be interested in selling me just the case for that price. He/she agree'd. I made PayPal payment under 'goods' for protection.)

So yeah, if the gold Aristocrat case you found is in pretty good shape, go back and get it. It'll be easier to find a razor for a case, than a case for a razor. I need a case for my Toggle, a case for my Bulldog and a case for my single ring.

Last edited:
Did you see a case like this?

proxy.php

This case style is correct for the 34 and 41 Aristocrat, but will also fit a 46 -51.

Top Bottom