What's new

Thayer's Cucumber?

Has anyone given Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel a try? I bought two small bottles of Humphrey's the other day (the Citrus & Cucumber Melon), and have been less than pleased with the results. The Citrus is a bit sticky, and the Cucumber Melon smells like a girl. I was hoping for a quick review from anyone who has tried Thayer's Cucumber. Is it sticky? Is the scent strong to the point of interfering with a scented ASB? I really want something refreshing, but not overbearing. And I'm definitely NOT looking to smell like a girl!

I find the T.N. Dickinson witch hazel is, for the most part, scent free once it dries. If you are looking to avoid mixing scents, I would recommend this one, and it is available at Wal-Mart, and I thought I saw it at Meijer (if you live anywhere around the Great Lakes)

Otherwise, Thayer's makes a lemon witch hazel. That might not smell as girly.

I use the Cucumber (non-alcoholic) WH and I love it. It smells cucumber-y but dissipates very quickly. It certainly doesn't interfere with my ASB. It smells more summery than girly, if that makes sense. I also use it at night for its aloe vera properties and as sort of "repair" for daily exposure. I'm pretty sure that cavemen used WH for these same purposes!

I use the Cucumber (non-alcoholic) WH and I love it. It smells cucumber-y but dissipates very quickly. It certainly doesn't interfere with my ASB. It smells more summery than girly, if that makes sense. I also use it at night for its aloe vera properties and as sort of "repair" for daily exposure. I'm pretty sure that cavemen used WH for these same purposes!

+ 1 on all of the above. The scent certainly does not last long, will not interfere with EDT or cologne. It is a very effective product. Just finishing up a bottle right now.

Bought a bottle of the cucumber toner for summer. It's almost distracting how very cucumber-y it smells (neither manly nor fem, just salad-like) but like others have said, it dissipates quickly. Works as well for me as the original formula.

Cucumber stuff is very nice, I use it as a between shave splash (neither a pre-shave, nor aftershave), just as an all around moisturizer/refresher.

I also have the rose, but that does have a more defined scent, and is quite rosey in my book. But it is great, if a floral scent is what you're after. The cucumber is somehow neutral/summery/refreshing.

As a counterpoint, I hate Thayer's cucumber. I love cucumbers and can easily detect them in the scent, but there is a sweet and sickly undertone that nauseates me.

It's very soothing, though. It doesn't really soften the skin, but does leave it feeling good. The scent fades quickly, too.

Just picked up 2 bottles of this at GNC (buy one get 50% off second). I was a bit apprehensive of a normally 10 bottle of Wh as compared to Target's less than $2 bottle of WH, but i figured i'd give it a go. They didn't have any other scent in stock, but i probably would have chosen cucumber regardless..

wow is all I can say... quite a difference between the 2 products... It felt like a different product all together. Even last week I tried to make my first/own mix of WH, glycerin, EO mix and it was nowhere near the same.... It doesn't smell sweet to me out of the bottle, nor exactly like the english cucumbers we get and the smell was gone in 30 seconds, according to my wife and daughter, but a bit more like sour citrus and maybe leafy greens.

When I 1st received my bottle of Thayer's Cucumber, I hated the scent! Interestingly, my wife had no problems w/ it, so I kept it around.

I used it regardless because of its skin toning qualities and my trust in Thayer's. Now however, the scent does not turn my stomach. It has always dissipated quickly & cleanly.

I believe I have become adjusted to it for one and that most other times I smelled cucumber products, they had something else mixed in. After smelling a fresh cut cuke and then smelling the Thayer's, my nose and thought process calmed down.

It now gets regular usage in mthe w/h rotation.

marty

There are 2 unscented Thayer's witch hazel version. One says its an astringent the other says alcohol free toner. I though they do the same thing. Any thoughts?

The sweet spot for me is the lemon scented astringent... I think it adds just a bit of the benefit without over doing the alcohol.

I almost have all of the Thayer's line and all are great, the cucumber is my favorite though. It has a :blink: scent at first but it is very refreshing and the scent dies down right away.

+2 to all he says.

Very light fragrance which quickly dissipates.

Top Bottom