What's new

Bolzano superinox inossidabile!

Yesterday I put a Bolzano SI blade in my 1940´s Matador razor and I must say the result was astonishing! I face lathered with (euro) Palmolive Classic cream and followed with some cheapo Gillette AS gel as I forgot my Proraso cream and *** at a relatives place when on vacation. Being forced to use other stuff for a while is an interesting experience, especially since my first shave without my normal stuff was actually better! Might be all due to the blade though. Definitely the best blade for me so far rivaled only by Astra SP. Will have to compare them more thoroughly over an extended period of time using various creams.

Bolzanos are fabulous blades. I seem to recall that they're made in Germany, though the brand is Italian. I bought a 100-box from bullgoose, and I've given about half the box away. Everyone (that I know on a personal basis, anyway) that's tried them seems to like them. They're in my top 5, no question. At US$.65 a blade (not including shipping), there may certainly be better values out there, but if you put Bolzano against Souplex and Timor, for example, they're not especially pricey.

When you're done with your experiments, please rate and share your impressions at the Bolzano review page.
-- Chet

I had purchased a couple of packs to try from Bullgoose couple of weeks back Been shaving with Bolzanos since then. Like them very much. Matter of fact they are now my #2 blades. Timors being #1.

Just ordered 200 more from Bullgoose. Should be enough for a few years not counting the Timors that I have stockpiled. :w00t:

Nice blades indeed. The come from the same factory as Elios, Croma Diamant ect.. They get some mixed reviews but they seem to be consistently good quality.

Good blade, they are 3'rd on my blade scorecard - the first being Feather and second Derby Extra. Here in Croatia you can get them for a really low price. Sad to hear that for you guys they are hard to find and expensive :mad3:...

I have had mixed results with these blades. I experienced pulling when shaving with the first Bolzano blade. Blades 2 thru 5 have been better with decent shaves.

I abandoned my razor rotation when I bought the Feather All Stainless. It is all I have used the last two months. Since these blades get rave reviews, I feel I should try them in an HD or Futur before writing them off. I will need to do that sometime, but for now I think I will go back to using Sharks in the Feather. That combo seems to give me excellent results.

Update: Two days later, two shaves with a Bolzano in a Futur set at 3.5. Two DFSs. Anybody else find this blade performs better in a more aggressive razor?

Last edited:
Been rotating some different blades as of late that I like, but they're no match for Bolzano's IMO. Sure, some are a little sharper, but these for me are the complete package. Both sharp and smooth along with the "zing" you get after shaving with one. They just make your face feel really great. Can't explain why, but they do. Still my #1.

Used today for the third time. I know them very well and they are a tad aggressive for my skin. But I still appreciate them.
IMO they are the best for shavettes or mild razors.

I amazed to see so much praise for these blades...just more evidence of YMMV. To me, it felt like I was using the lid from a soup can.

Top Bottom