What's new

Persistant red bumps on chin!

Hello all,

I have been DE shaving for about two months and the only complaint is that I am getitng small red bumps on my chin, and a few on the side of my face. The ones on the side are flat unlike those on my chin. Really frustrating, as I am getting a great shave otherwise! :mad3: Have thought to temporarily go back to electric in the hopes that this will clear up and try DE again. Any thoughts/advice? BTW I am shaving EOD.

Hi Walker~

I'm relatively new to DE shaving but I wanted to give you a shout anyway. You may be exerting just a little too much pressure when you shave your chin, it's something I have to watch myself. I wouldn't go back to the electric if you can hang in there, newbs like you and me need lots of practice. If you're shaving ATG try skipping it for a few shaves. I've gotten DFS's going WTG, XTG (ear to nose) and XTG (nose to ear). Good luck and let me know how it goes!
:thumbup1:

Which blade are you using in your DE shaver? Did you get a sampler pack?

I'm guessing that maybe the blade isn't sharp enough for you. Try different blades to see if you still get the same problem with them. Also, try not to apply pressure at all.

Have you seen Mantic's videos on Youtube?

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would go with a pressure issue.

+1 on the advice of WTG-XTG-XTG

How frequently (or are you at all) cleaning your razors? I've seen others on here with this same problem and they discovered they weren't cleaning their razors frequently enough, or at all. Many assume since they use soap there is no need.

Sorry for the late reply, been off the forum for a while (busy teacher!). Thaks for the advice. I do not shave ATG at all. Am also aware of the pressure issue. The day after a shave I notice that the shortest wiskers are on the chin, so I must be applying too much pressure there. My beard is quite thick. so that when applying 'zero' pressure I have to go over the same places several times before I get to a reasonable clean shave. Seems if I wait a day or more, it takes more passes to cear the wiskers and risk (and usually do) get a burn. Daily shaving always results in a burn and bumps. Still trying, will let you know how it progresses!

As far as cleaning goes, I rinse well out of the razor each shave being careful not to touch the edge of the blade...

And yes, I am using a sapler pack and so far have found that the Treets are sharpest, still have not used the Feathers yet...

Top Bottom