What's new

Getting Tabac out of bowl

I am going to start milling some soaps into shaving stick containers soon and have a bowl of Tabac that I'll be milling. My question is how do I get it out of the original Tabac bowl without breaking the bowl? I don't want to mess up the bowl getting the soap out.

Or around the edges like jello, then slam the glass from your main hand in to the other, that way you're putting large pressure on the soap, but the glass isn't being impacted.

Insert the tip of a knife gently between soap and bowl, then pry the soap loose. Once it's 'wobbling' you can turn over the bowl causing the soap tol fall into your hand.

I have also heard that, after running a knife around the edges, if you put the container in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, the puck will contract (not specifically for Tabac, just in general) and you can more readily remove.

Have not tried this myself however. From a physics perspective it makes sense but attempt at own risk.

I have also heard that, after running a knife around the edges, if you put the container in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, the puck will contract (not specifically for Tabac, just in general) and you can more readily remove.

Have not tried this myself however. From a physics perspective it makes sense but attempt at own risk.

This sounds like a good idea (I used to do this to pull stubborn Legos apart), but be sure to cut very carefully. If the soap is still attached to any of the sides of the bowl when it contracts, it could pull on the bowl and possibly crack it.

Please don't kill an innocent bowl of Tabac. :lol:

They do make a shave stick.
proxy.php

Please don't kill an innocent bowl of Tabac. :lol:

They do make a shave stick.

I bought the bowl before I decided to switch to shave sticks and I don't want to have to wait to get a stick delivered. I know I can sell the bowl and soap for basically what I paid (minus shipping, of course) on the B/S/T but why go through all the hassle when I can have what I want on hand in just a few minutes (probably more than a few but close enough)?

I am going to start milling some soaps into shaving stick containers soon and have a bowl of Tabac that I'll be milling. My question is how do I get it out of the original Tabac bowl without breaking the bowl? I don't want to mess up the bowl getting the soap out.

Here's an idea!! Just buy a Tabac refill. That way you won't have to worry about breaking the bowl. And you can leave the Tabac in the bowl undisturbed except for lathering.

I find if I let it sit for a week or two with the lid off, it dries out enough that a little rocking side to side lets it pop right out.

Top Bottom