What's new

Has anyone here tried the proglide?

I've been thinking about going out to buy one, just to see what it's like. I just can't bring myself to spend money on something like that, though. Who's tried a fusion proglide? How do they compare to your usual wetshave routine?

Was your 18th birthday around or after the time they launched it? I remember when I turned 18 (in 2002) and they sent me a Mach 3. I threw it in the trash because I was shaving with a Norelco. When Shick came out with the Quattro disposable, however, they set up a display in my college dorm lobby and I grabbed about 10.

Was your 18th birthday around or after the time they launched it? I remember when I turned 18 (in 2002) and they sent me a Mach 3. I threw it in the trash because I was shaving with a Norelco. When Shick came out with the Quattro disposable, however, they set up a display in my college dorm lobby and I grabbed about 10.

Yeah, I turned 18 ten days ago. The proglide was still (sort of) hot off the press.

I did score a free one in the mail. Very glad I didn't have to buy it. I didn't notice any difference from the first fusion (scored from a roommate who used electric). If I was still on my M3, I couldn't find anything special to make me want to "upgrade" to the new money pit, sorry meant proglide. Its a cartridge shave. If I "had" to shave with a cart, I would go back to the first M3, not the M3 Turbo. I got a decent shave with those, just got tired of the $$ for the replacements (not that my AD is helping with that, but at least I enjoy shaving now).

I got free both a manual and a power one.
The power is usuless in my opinion while the manual is better.
The shave is great for let's say, 4 maximum 5 shaves, after that it's ingrown and razor burn highway, well for me.
At the end i get the same results with some cheap Wlikinson/Gillette blades from India that i paid 10$ for 100 blades.

I find the ads for the Proglide annoying and since I made the switch from multiblade Fusion hell to a DE safety blade, I am not going back.

I've been thinking about going out to buy one, just to see what it's like. I just can't bring myself to spend money on something like that, though. Who's tried a fusion proglide? How do they compare to your usual wetshave routine?

I bought one and tried. I wouldn't say it was better than the Fusion though. IMHO the Sensor Excel is the best cartridge out there.

I shaved with a Mach 3 for a number of years and got good results with that. Recently, I forgot my razor on a trip and picked up a Proglide to replace the M3. I couldn't believe that they could charge more for that razor, because it seemed like a giant leap backwards to me. I simply couldn't get as close a shave with it, yet the carts cost a LOT more.

Very shortly afterwards, I saw something online about wet shaving which forwarded me to Mantic59's youtube channel. The rest is history.

I got one for free from the proglide challenge. I thought it tugged less than any of their other modern razors so some kind of improvement have been made. I didn't think the vibration did anything at all (tried with and without). I ended up getting a pretty decent shave with one pass and only a small amount of irritation around the neck area.

I got one with the 5 blades and I actually enjoyed it untill my very last shave. I have this very off patch on my chin that looks like it scabbed up! I will say, it does glide rather than pull on my course beard as advertised. But you can also get the same results from a good lather and a Sensor Excel. It just varies, I can get closer in certain places like under my jaw with the proglide.

I tried one before switching to DE in hopes that it was better than the regular Fusion. I got a very close shave and there was no tugging of any sort. However, within 30 minutes of shaving my neck was so red and the ingrown hairs so bad that it took a few weeks for some of the hairs to come out.

Used one for a week before I switched to DE. I'm still dealing with the ingrown hairs caused by it. One this morning I got out was over an inch long.

I also received one for free and I think it's a great razor. Consecutive BBS shaves, no ingrows, no weepers, no tugging.

The blades are just too damn overpriced though.

Top Bottom