What's new

I might've put too much polish on my shoes

I'm not sure if I've left my shoe polish to try too long one time before I put the brush to it. The polish seems to have left small ridges on the front of the shoes. I use this shoe polish that's a cream.

Is there an easy way of getting rid of the excess polish or should I take them to a shoe repairer?

Thanks.

I'd try brushing a bit harder and longer first before taking them to a cobbler.

Depending on the cream you might find that adding a little bit more will soften the polish, making it easier to buff out.

I'd try brushing a bit harder and longer first before taking them to a cobbler.

Depending on the cream you might find that adding a little bit more will soften the polish, making it easier to buff out.

Thanks.

The cream I use is called Tana and it's a black cream that's in a tube with a sponge on one end with a hole in it.

I'll try what you said.

Have a good day.

Strip the polish with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball, condition the leather with a quality conditioner, then get some Lincoln shoe polish and shine those puppies up.

hoki

Another trick for stripping polish is to use shaving cream (It does have a purpose!) and a stiff bristled brush, like a nail brush or firm toothbrush.

Strip the polish with rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball, condition the leather with a quality conditioner, then get some Lincoln shoe polish and shine those puppies up.

hoki
Quite right. You may also consider using Kiwi shoe polish as well. Been using it exclusively for nearly twenty years and can get that glass parade square shine with a bit of elbow grease.

Top Bottom