What's new

ultimate newbie stupid question

Every group, hobby, what have you has its own lingo, and here on the net there's an accompanying jargon of abbreviations. Maybe a glossary for this site would be handy? Well, so far I've figured out all except DE. I know what it represents, but damn if I can figure out what the letters stand for!

I know I can be dumber than a bag of pucks sometimes. This is clearly one of those times.

Rich.

A DE is a double edged razor, we call it that, because, well, it has two sharp shaving edges, one opposite the other. It's just another name for a safety razor.

AH!!!!

I have learning straight razor on my mind and couldn't see past it! (ergo DR was quite a ***!)

Thanks guys!!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Every group, hobby, what have you has its own lingo, and here on the net there's an accompanying jargon of abbreviations. Maybe a glossary for this site would be handy? Well, so far I've figured out all except DE. I know what it represents, but damn if I can figure out what the letters stand for!

I know I can be dumber than a bag of pucks sometimes. This is clearly one of those times.

Rich.

I appreciate the hockey metaphor. Not a dumb question at all, BTW.

Top Bottom