What's new

Custom Chubby - made by Rudy Vey

I just received this Custom "Chubby" Handle, color is Antique Blue, in Super badger (made by Rudy Vey). It is a 22mm knot set at a 45mm loft. Which I feel is the perfect combination. This brush has put all of the others on the shelf lol. I actually ordered it last Wednesday and received it on Friday. I couldnt believe how fast he turned it out and had it in my hands. Just great service all around, nothing but the best.

I highly recommend Rudy Vey to everyone that wants a brush or something custom. I'll definitely be buying another in the future.

proxy.php

Pic by Rudy Vey
View attachment 117736

Thanks again Rudy Vey, it is greatly appreciated.

Ill post some post bloom pics very soon.

Last edited:
I have a RV custom Chubby in white w/ a 2 band Finest and it's my favorite brush. Rudy does nothing but high quality work and he is wonderful to deal with!! You have a beautiful brush there Brian, ENJOY!!!

I frequently acknowledge Rudy Vey in these forums, since he is a real gentleman to deal with and produces an outstanding product. My Rudy Vey Tulip in grade A silvertip should be shipping this weekend/early next week, my second Rudy Vey brush but not my last.

Chris

I frequently acknowledge Rudy Vey in these forums, since he is a real gentleman to deal with and produces an outstanding product. My Rudy Vey Tulip in grade A silvertip should be shipping this weekend/early next week, my second Rudy Vey brush but not my last.

Chris

Ooooooh spooky. Rudy Vey is also working on a silvertip grade A tulip for me too, hoping to ship in the next few days.... :laugh: What colour handle did you settle on, may I ask?

Ooooooh spooky. Rudy Vey is also working on a silvertip grade A tulip for me too, hoping to ship in the next few days.... :laugh: What colour handle did you settle on, may I ask?

I went with faux ivory, this seems to be my complete and absolute theory on the practice of wetshaving. That said, I'm lusting after a Plisson acrylic Plexi-cube handled brush for some reason.

I asked Rudy to make my handle quite long as well, since I find tiny-handled brushes a bother to hold and control comfortably.

The beehive Rudy did for me in grade A silvertip feels comparable if not about on par with the best Simpson's brushes made, a few of which I own.

I see myself giving more and more of my business to Rudy, great to do business with.

Even spookier when you consider mine was the first Tulip he did recently...we swapped ideas and finally settled on a size and wood that we both liked! I'll post pictures if anybody wants to see it :001_rolle

She's a lovely brush, modeled after the T3 size but slightly elongated and with exaggerated curves...we're both men after all! The knot happens to be my favourite TGN Knot, the 24mm Grade A Silvertip and it's set at 48mm to mimic my Chubby CH1 setup.

The Grade A does not compare with the 2-band Super 24mm knot in my Chubby...there's something about the face feel of that chubby knot!! HOWEVER, if you didn't use them both back to back, you would never know the difference! It feels good enough for me to keep it in my rotation :)

Working with Rudy is a fantastic experience...I have been recommending everybody that asks me for advice to talk to Rudy about a custom setup as per their needs.

Last edited:
Even spookier when you consider mine was the first Tulip he did recently...we swapped ideas and finally settled on a size and wood that we both liked! I'll post pictures if anybody wants to see it :001_rolle

She's a lovely brush, modeled after the T3 size but slightly elongated and with exaggerated curves...we're both men after all! The knot happens to be my favourite TGN Knot, the 24mm Grade A Silvertip and it's set at 48mm to mimic my Chubby CH1 setup.

The Grade A does not compare with the 2-band Super 24mm knot in my Chubby...there's something about the face feel of that chubby knot!! HOWEVER, if you didn't use them both back to back, you would never know the difference! It feels good enough for me to keep it in my rotation :)

Working with Rudy is a fantastic experience...I have been recommending everybody that asks me for advice to talk to Rudy about a custom setup as per their needs.

Yea, lets see those pics, bud :thumbup:

This antique blue is a beautiful color and Rudy makes a beautiful brush (I copied Solar and had Rudy make me an ivory beehive, really love it, I'll post photos of it in bloom soon).

Anyone have a finest knot from Rudy? I can choose either 2 band finest or silvertip grade A for my new brush.
Currently I only have silvertip and one superbadger in my collection, never tried a finest.

Both TGN knots are the best of the bunch in my opinion. From there on it comes down to personal preference...I like the Silvertip Grade A while a ton of guys prefer the Finest...you may end up liking one or the other...try both :001_rolle

Anyone have a finest knot from Rudy? I can choose either 2 band finest or silvertip grade A for my new brush.
Currently I only have silvertip and one superbadger in my collection, never tried a finest.

Both TGN knots are the best of the bunch in my opinion. From there on it comes down to personal preference...I like the Silvertip Grade A while a ton of guys prefer the Finest...you may end up liking one or the other...try both :001_rolle

Well, Rudy is sending me a pic or two of the silvertip, he has already sent me one of the finest. I suspect, seeing as I've not tried either from Rudy before, I'll go with what looks best with my particular handle, and try the other in the future when I order a different brush from Mr. Vey...:thumbup1:

Top Bottom