What's new

D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk....holy cow!

So I just used some of this stuff and I'm just about bowled over. It's like wrapping your face in a soft, creamy rose-petal blanket. Expensive? Yes. But I know what I'll use after a rough shave from now on. I had to fish the box out of the trash to look at the ingredients, and I noticed tat it has paraffin and lanolin. No wonder my skin is so soft right now. I wonder if using this after MWF is just plain skin-softening overkill?

I never thought I'd be a fan of rosy scents either, but I'm digging this right now.

So I just used some of this stuff and I'm just about bowled over. It's like wrapping your face in a soft, creamy rose-petal blanket. Expensive? Yes. But I know what I'll use after a rough shave from now on. I had to fish the box out of the trash to look at the ingredients, and I noticed tat it has paraffin and lanolin. No wonder my skin is so soft right now. I wonder if using this after MWF is just plain skin-softening overkill?

I never thought I'd be a fan of rosy scents either, but I'm digging this right now.

It is one of the few things I won't be without. Even if I am not using it a lot, I know its there when I need it.

And it really isn't that expensive. You only have to use a tiny bit, so it goes a really long way.

Also, try it with your favorite Bay Rum for a little Rummy Dusty Rose action.

I just used this for the first time today, and the consistency reminded me a lot of the Nivea Sensitive ASB. That said, the scent of the Harris is far superior. I think I overdid the application a bit, as it was a bit tacky, but Philadelphia is like a swamp this time of year, and the Milk may have been contraindicated on a day like today. Still, it feels great, and the scent is to die for. I'll have to try it with some Ogalalla Bay Rum soap for that Rummy Dusty Rose.

Last edited:
This is one of my most favorite AS. I have so many AS bottles this is the only one that's actually made it to 50% left :lol:

H

hathela

is D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk better than Geo trumper's skin food ??

is D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk better than Geo trumper's skin food ??

How does the scent compare to the Arlington milk?

Same answer to both questions. Apples and Oranges. Harris Milk and Skin Food are totally different animals, rich and creamy as opposed to slick and cool glycerin. Both work great, Skin Food smells awesome, while the Milk is sublime and comforting. Pretty much depends on which kind of balm you like.

Arlington and regular Harris Milks are totally different scent families. Arlington is a proprietary fern and citrus while the regular Milk is a dry rose. Couldn't be more different.

Dude! You're a mad scientist! I love it, and you're killing me! Now I have to buy yet another thing for the shave den...........

The Harris AS's are not particularly good as after-shaves, but the scents are worth the price of admission. The Bay Rum is the Mojave desert of Bay Rums, unearthly dry, and is-in my experience-a totally unique and very English take on a classic scent.

Top Bottom