What's new

Ask a silly question...

Legion

Staff member
I was on ebay a little while ago, having a look at things I am DEFINITELY not allowed to spend my money on...

Anyway...

I was having a look at one old razor when I noticed this response to a buyers question.

Q: hello, if you would like to sell with a buy it now, I would like to buy this razor. I hope you dont mind me asking. I would pay a reasonable price for it. thanks

A: I'm very sorry but you're the third person to ask me for a buy it now on this, and I just don't get why anyone would want an old three piece razor when they could have a nice twist to open or a modern, fashionable multiblade one that performs so efficiently! I mean, do they even make blades for these clumsy antiques anymore? Heck if I know. Anyway, like I told the last person, changing the listing now just is not in the stars due to Saturn and Neptune being in an unsettled alignment right now. That means this is definitely not a time to change routines. The Pleiades aren't looking too good, either, so I'm doubly uncomfortable altering anything right now. Just between you and me, this is the second day in a row I haven't bathed; the alignments just aren't right for it yet. And don't even ask about the catbox...burning scented candles around it only does so much, you know? I'm sure you understand and respect my feelings here. Thanks again for asking, though - and hey, it's an old fogey's razor...put in the minimum bid and I'll bet you'll take it with no competition. Of course you may want to consult your horoscope or a seer for guidance first, just to be safe. Peace to you in the name of Mother Earth!

A simple no probably would have done. :biggrin1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130417699847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:
I was on ebay a little while ago, having a look at things I am DEFINITELY not allowed to spend my money on...

Anyway...

I was having a look at one old razor when I noticed this response to a buyers question.

Q: hello, if you would like to sell with a buy it now, I would like to buy this razor. I hope you dont mind me asking. I would pay a reasonable price for it. thanks

A: I'm very sorry but you're the third person to ask me for a buy it now on this, and I just don't get why anyone would want an old three piece razor when they could have a nice twist to open or a modern, fashionable multiblade one that performs so efficiently! I mean, do they even make blades for these clumsy antiques anymore? Heck if I know. Anyway, like I told the last person, changing the listing now just is not in the stars due to Saturn and Neptune being in an unsettled alignment right now. That means this is definitely not a time to change routines. The Pleiades aren't looking too good, either, so I'm doubly uncomfortable altering anything right now. Just between you and me, this is the second day in a row I haven't bathed; the alignments just aren't right for it yet. And don't even ask about the catbox...burning scented candles around it only does so much, you know? I'm sure you understand and respect my feelings here. Thanks again for asking, though - and hey, it's an old fogey's razor...put in the minimum bid and I'll bet you'll take it with no competition. Of course you may want to consult your horoscope or a seer for guidance first, just to be safe. Peace to you in the name of Mother Earth!

A simple no probably would have done. :biggrin1:

:thumbup:

Talk about the last straw that broke...

Say what you want about this guy, he's got it figured out. I personally don't even get out of bed when the Zebulon galaxy is not at perfect perihelion with the sun of Promir. (he said with tongue firmly planted in cheek)

I would think it were funnier if I wasn't also scratching my head at the same time wondering how I missed that listing.

Legion

Staff member
I would think it were funnier if I wasn't also scratching my head at the same time wondering how I missed that listing.

I would have been more excited about the listing if the sellers international shipping price wasn't the equivalent of sexual violation with a pineapple.

So you want to buy the haunted/hexed razor from Mr. Wizard.

So as you know, Since Saturn and Neptune being in an unsettled alignment right now I would bet that that razor would cut you every time.

Don't you know nuthin'

I would have been more excited about the listing if the sellers international shipping price wasn't the equivalent of sexual violation with a pineapple.

How much does that go for these days with the current AUD-USD exchange rate?

No, no. It's for a friend of mine. This guy I know.

Actually, I think that's a valid question. A silly question would be something like, "Is it ever possible to wear a baseball cap well?"

Top Bottom