What's new

Been tough holding this in...

I'm fairly certain that the double ring is off of one of those german clones.
I said threaded part at first, but that part isn't where the threads are.

Kudos to the seller who put in that disclaimer and the ebayer (Badger & Blade member, undoubtedly) who tried to set the seller straight.

I noticed that too. Glad I wasn't the only one! If you want a good laugh, read the Q&A at the bottom.

At least half a bubble off plumb . . . nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake . . . crazier than an outhouse mouse . . .

Could be either a great cover, or proof of his ignorance.

My eye is not as keen as Amish's, but I would fear buying anything from such an apparent whack-o.

I'm curious as to what exact things that you guys are seeing here to justify my gut feel that this is not right . . .

proxy.php

ha, i like that one. i'll have to put that into my usual rotation. :tongue_sm

i give up... what's the difference?

Well, I've been wrong before, but doesn't that double ring part look like it has a different curvature to the one from mr. razor? Also, it looks to me like it has edges on the rings instead of a smooth curve.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I was watching that one. I'm still not convinced that it isn't real. Hopefully someone here won it and will post some better photos when it shows up. If it is real, good price...

I don't know. The "edge" on the one on the left looks more like brassing through the silver to me. It could be legitimate.

I think the rings on the one in question could have been filed down on a lathe or something. And to my eye, what looks like curvature differences could be a combination of camera angle and the possibly smoothened rings. It is very intriguing, though. I wonder if someone here got it.

"'m very sorry but you're the third person to ask me for a buy it now on this, and I just don't get why anyone would want an old three piece razor when they could have a nice twist to open or a modern, fashionable multiblade one that performs so efficiently! I mean, do they even make blades for these clumsy antiques anymore? Heck if I know. Anyway, like I told the last person, changing the listing now just is not in the stars due to Saturn and Neptune being in an unsettled alignment right now. That means this is definitely not a time to change routines. The Pleiades aren't looking too good, either, so I'm doubly uncomfortable altering anything right now. Just between you and me, this is the second day in a row I haven't bathed; the alignments just aren't right for it yet. And don't even ask about the catbox...burning scented candles around it only does so much, you know? I'm sure you understand and respect my feelings here. Thanks again for asking, though - and hey, it's an old fogey's razor...put in the minimum bid and I'll bet you'll take it with no competition. Of course you may want to consult your horoscope or a seer for guidance first, just to be safe. Peace to you in the name of Mother Earth!"

imo- this is the funniest answer i've ever seen from an ebay vendor- belongs in a book somewhere.

Peace to you in the name of mother earth. Lol Peace Out!!
Old Fogey Razor? Wonder what he would call a straight razor?

Top Bottom