What's new

Montale Deal

I am told that if one orders 100 ml bottles of scents from Montale via its web site, which is basically ordering it from Paris, the price (not listed on-line you have to e-mail and ask about this deal) is way less than US retail, shipping to the States is free, they add addition essential oils to whatever you buy making it even stronger and making the count more than 100 ml, and you get free another 20 ml of any Montale scent you want.

Pretty amazing deal. I felt I would be remiss if I did not pass on notice off this deal as soon as I found out about it!

I am not much for buying whole bottles of anything. But I could be talked into doing a split of Oud Cuir d'Arabie I would think!

S

Sam

I am told that if one orders 100 ml bottles of scents from Montale via its web site, which is basically ordering it from Paris, the price (not listed on-line you have to e-mail and ask about this deal) is way less than US retail, shipping to the States is free, they add addition essential oils to whatever you buy making it even stronger and making the count more than 100 ml, and you get free another 20 ml of any Montale scent you want.

Pretty amazing deal. I felt I would be remiss if I did not pass on notice off this deal as soon as I found out about it!

I would check updated threads over at basenotes. Some guys have reported having a few problems lately with Montale, such as email contact, or getting the wrong juice. But yes, a year ago, I got some Red Vetyver with extra concentration (they say at basenotes that it could add another 20ml to a 100ml bottle) and then the free 20ml bottle. Both of those shipped free and were about $15 less than the cheapest Stateside price for just the 100ml itself.

The Perfume Shoppe in Canada has about the cheapest price for North America if you do not order from Montale directly. Last I read, you have to call them and give them the credit card info.

I would check updated threads over at basenotes. Some guys have reported having a few problems lately with Montale, such as email contact, or getting the wrong juice. But yes, a year ago, I got some Red Vetyver with extra concentration (they say at basenotes that it could add another 20ml to a 100ml bottle) and then the free 20ml bottle. Both of those shipped free and were about $15 less than the cheapest Stateside price for just the 100ml itself.

The Perfume Shoppe in Canada has about the cheapest price for North America if you do not order from Montale directly. Last I read, you have to call them and give them the credit card info.

I had not seem wrong juice, but e-mail contact issues and general inefficiencies, yep. Everytime I deal directly with some European company I run into things like that, though. It is rather amazing to have that in 2010, but I thing those are true cultural things. But I at the end of the day things have seemed to work out.

I just did not want someone unawares to be ordering from Lucky Scents at $210 for 100 ml. Scent prices make no sense to me anyway. Walgreens is selling Creed. Cambridge Chemists has C&S scents for about $103 for 100 ml with free shipping affter the B&B discount, while Lucky Scents has them for $175.

Last edited:
The Blue Amber and Black Aoud sounds good to me.I wish there was a price listed on the website.
I am going to search for samples today.

Paul

Got an order in on a sample of Black Aoud,actually got two and some other scents I was wanting to try.Can't wait to try it out.

Paul

Thanks for the information! I really like Black Oud and Sliver Oud. And I've got a sample of Patchouli Leaves en route. Come to think of it....maybe I shouldn't have read anything in this thread. :lol:

But I could be talked into doing a split of Oud Cuir d'Arabie I would think!

I am guessing Josh would be in on this, and I would be too if you decide to do it. :001_smile

I do not think the specific amount has been noted anywhere in this thread, but it is my understanding that the Montale aoud fragrances currently cost 95 Euros when you buy direct, which includes the other extras Robbie mentioned. Of course, I bought a bottle of Black Aoud about 18 hours before learning this! :blushing:

I am not much for buying whole bottles of anything. But I could be talked into doing a split of Oud Cuir d'Arabie I would think!

I didn't even notice this bit when I first read through the thread.

Here, let me provide an excerpt from a review:

"Oud Cuir d'Arabie launches itself in a spectacular blaze of oudh and dark, smoky leather. Utterly intoxicating, if you've got the nerve to wear it."

Read more: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26124916/reviews.html#ixzz0wS9CZ2T5

Sounds great to me! :thumbup1:

The Patchouli Leaves is my go-to in the Fall and Winter. Funky patch and lots of amber. The non-ouds from Montale are reasonably priced for high-tone juice, but a deal like this for the ouds is something to think about.

They say that Gold Aoud is feminine but I think it is one of the greatest things ever. No less guy-ready than C&S Dark Rose (maybe more). Belongs in that category with Hammam, Caraceni, C&S Dark Rose. Saffron gives it the "golden" quality.

Here's what Montale e-mailed me back:

Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is available in two sizes:
- 50 ml 55 Euros + 20 Euros for the shipping
- 100 ml 95 Euros with shipping free of charge and a free 20 ml travel spray of the fragrance of your choice

As for the concentrated version, it is free of charge but you have to be used to the regular Montale's concentration to go for more; if I may, we never concentrate the Aoud Cuir d'Arabie...​

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on the concentration point? As indicated earlier in this thread apparently the dicussion on basenotes indicated that adding the concentration could add as much as 20 to the bottle. I find Aoud Cuir d'Arabie plenty strong as it is, but I assume one can always use less not matter how concentrated and 20% more by itself was pretty sweet.

95 Euros is $122 according to a web converter. About $1 an ml for Montale is still a pretty good deal.

- 100 ml 95 Euros with shipping free of charge and a free 20 ml travel spray of the fragrance of your choice

As for the concentrated version, it is free of charge but you have to be used to the regular Montale's concentration to go for more; if I may, we never concentrate the Aoud Cuir d'Arabie...​

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on the concentration point? As indicated earlier in this thread apparently the dicussion on basenotes indicated that adding the concentration could add as much as 20 to the bottle. I find Aoud Cuir d'Arabie plenty strong as it is, but I assume one can always use less not matter how concentrated and 20% more by itself was pretty sweet.

95 Euros is $122 according to a web converter. About $1 an ml for Montale is still a pretty good deal.

Wow, that is quite the deal!

Robbie, im open to either and agree that Arabie is plenty strong as it is ...i am however, pretty curious what the concentrate version would be like :w00t:

Great deal on the 100ml.

Last edited:
Wow, that is quite the deal!

Robbie, im open to either and agree that Arabie is plenty strong as it is ...i am however, pretty curious what the concentrate version would be like :w00t:

You mean either size? No way I would go for less than 100 ml at the comparative prices.

Sounds like they are not offering the concentrate addition to the Arabie. So weird because, like I said, the addition of concentrate adds volume to the 100 ml as well as strength!

You mean either size? No way I would go for less than 100 ml at the comparative prices.

Sounds like they are not offering the concentrate addition to the Arabie. So weird because, like I said, the addition of concentrate adds volume to the 100 ml as well as strength!

I mean the deal for the 100ml is excellent.

My understanding was that the concentrate added the equivilent of 20% more juice, not a large bottle or more juice... with the exception of the additional 20ml they add to the order.

When I recently bought my bottle of Black Aoud I was chided a bit for not buying direct and getting the added concentrate. However, I have to admit I already think the stuff is incredibly strong. As it is, I can smell it on me 24 hours later. Do I really need it to last 48 hours?! :tongue_sm

When I recently bought my bottle of Black Aoud I was chided a bit for not buying direct and getting the added concentrate. However, I have to admit I already think the stuff is incredibly strong. As it is, I can smell it on me 24 hours later. Do I really need it to last 48 hours?! :tongue_sm

:lol::lol:
I hardly want frags to be there when i wake up in the morning

Top Bottom