What's new

Chore - Procedure - Ceremony - Celebration

Hi there - One of my aims when switching from the goo/Mach3 combo to a DE razor and high-end cremes, lotions, etc. was to turn a chore into a procedure that I would somewhat enjoy.

Little did I know that, after two weeks already, shaving became something of a ceremony.

I wonder when it will turn into a celebration.

And my girlfriend loves it too. When I get up on weekends to go through my lenghty ceremony, she knows she's got an extra 45 minutes of snoozing time, whereas before it was barely 10 minutes. Some women are so easy to please. :smile:

Cheers - MM

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
As much as I enjoy shaving on a daily basis, there is nothing like the late Saturday morning shave for me, listening to the ipod and taking a nice 3 or 4 pass spin around my face. Sometimes I'll fill up the sink with hot water, throw a generous amount of Pinaud Bay Rum in it and let the steam emanate the smell of bay rum all around. It is just so relaxing. Hard not be in a great frame of mind after that.

after 8 years in the army I hated shaving to the point of never shaving after I got out...

curiosity got the best of me with a couple old double edge gillets I had picked up in antique malls. with soap and brush I now enjoy it far more than I thought possible.

next up, strait razor..

As much as I enjoy shaving on a daily basis, there is nothing like the late Saturday morning shave for me, listening to the ipod and taking a nice 3 or 4 pass spin around my face. Sometimes I'll fill up the sink with hot water, throw a generous amount of Pinaud Bay Rum in it and let the steam emanate the smell of bay rum all around. It is just so relaxing. Hard not be in a great frame of mind after that.

after 8 years in the army I hated shaving to the point of never shaving after I got out...

curiosity got the best of me with a couple old double edge gillets I had picked up in antique malls. with soap and brush I now enjoy it far more than I thought possible.

next up, strait razor..

I am so much like you guys here:wink:
After been to the army, and need to shave, brush my teeth, getting shower and so on, for less then 15 minutes ! I really hated shaving
But now, with the DE it is a ritual I enjoy almost every day:001_tt1:

Its definately a ceremony for me.I even wake 30 min earlier on weekdays(and i realy love to sleep) just so i can have that relaxing shave.Its like a morning meditation and it helps you to start the day much more relaxed .

I am so much like you guys here:wink:
After been to the army, and need to shave, brush my teeth, getting shower and so on, for less then 15 minutes ! I really hated shaving
But now, with the DE it is a ritual I enjoy almost every day:001_tt1:

I know this is a little bit off the topic, but... your military service was 3 years, right? I was in the air force and remember shaving... I think I was down to around 2 minutes at my best. There was no time for a BBS celebration shave with a DE (unless you want to get up at 5 in the morning...). No wonder you appreciate shaving even more in civilan life.

I know this is a little bit off the topic, but... your military service was 3 years, right? I was in the air force and remember shaving... I think I was down to around 2 minutes at my best. There was no time for a BBS celebration shave with a DE (unless you want to get up at 5 in the morning...). No wonder you appreciate shaving even more in civilan life.

Are you from Israel too?
Yeah I was in the army, 3 years and now Miluim (Something we do here in Israel, once a year we "volunteer" to the army for a month or something)
And you know, when you are in the army, most of the time people give you 2-5 minutes to do the shave, and they really want you to shave every day :eek:
After I have finished my army duty, it is so fun to shave again :biggrin:

But now, with the DE it is a ritual I enjoy almost every day :001_tt1:

פולחן?! עוד מעט ותתחיל להניח תפילין בבוקר!

יונתן הורן

פולחן?! עוד מעט ותתחיל להניח תפילין בבוקר!

יונתן הורן

You know, I used to do what you have wirtten here :wink:
But shaving is nice too :biggrin:

Are you from Israel too?

No, I am from Norway. I had 1 year mandatory military service. I actually enjoyed boot camp (except all the anal cleaning and clothes folding). At that time hardly had a beard, so shaving was a joke :biggrin: So, how will you shave that month you are 'volunteering'? I think you best start learning how to quickly dismantle and reassemble a DE travel razor :cool: But how are you going to shave in cold water and in 5 minutes with a DE? :eek:

No, I am from Norway. I had 1 year mandatory military service. I actually enjoyed boot camp (except all the anal cleaning and clothes folding). At that time hardly had a beard, so shaving was a joke :biggrin: So, how will you shave that month you are 'volunteering'? I think you best start learning how to quickly dismantle and reassemble a DE travel razor :cool: But how are you going to shave in cold water and in 5 minutes with a DE? :eek:

Maybe I will just get a bear for one month :biggrin:

No, I am from Norway. I had 1 year mandatory military service. I actually enjoyed boot camp (except all the anal cleaning and clothes folding)

Anal cleaning??? Wow, you guys are thorough! Did that include shaving in the area?

(I know what you meant, but it was funny anyhow)

Cheers - MM

Top Bottom