What's new

Glass Aqua Velva

Was in my local Kmart and found 3 large glass bottles of Aqua Velva.

It was a nice surprise. Guess i'm set for awhile now.:thumbup1:

I have read that many are hoarding as many as they can, but I haven't seen any explanation of why. Can anyone shed some light on it?

I have read that many are hoarding as many as they can, but I haven't seen any explanation of why. Can anyone shed some light on it?

The glass was horded, because typically a product that is switched from glass to plastic also undergoes reformulation in the process. So far this doesn't appear to have been the case with Aqua Velva.

Reformulation seldom results in a superior product (if it's not broke, don't fix it).

I own 2 of the big glass bottles. For some reason I spill aftershave every time I use one... not the best designed things. Maybe it is operater error lol.

I own 2 of the big glass bottles. For some reason I spill aftershave every time I use one... not the best designed things. Maybe it is operater error lol.

1. Cover hole with finger while in an upright manner.
2. Tip bottle over cupped hand (not the one that is covering said hole)
3. Back finger off hole quickly and re-cover.
4. Tip bottle back to upright position.
5. No more wasted A/S! :thumbup:

I only know this because I used to make a mess too until I started using this technique.

The glass was horded, because typically a product that is switched from glass to plastic also undergoes reformulation in the process. So far this doesn't appear to have been the case with Aqua Velva.

Reformulation seldom results in a superior product (if it's not broke, don't fix it).

Yes, but remember that Combe owns Aqua Velva now.

I found a few glass bottles at the grocers the other day but didn't buy them - I'm Canadian so I should be using Booster!

I only know this because I used to make a mess too until I started using this technique.

Makes sense.. I will give it a try.

One of the early bits of advice I got here. How was I not able to crack this procedure on my own?

Top Bottom