What's new

New Derbys?

Does the pack say "chromium-ceramic platinum tungsten polymer coated edges?"

If not, I'd like to try them.

Thanks for that thread. I didn't see it the 1st time around.

It's amazing to me the amount of private branding and re-labeling that goes on in the DE blade market. Just adding to the confusion. Won't be long until there are threads about the oranges being better than the greens. YMMV and all that:lol:

By the way, in case you didn't know "Shaving Factory" (the storefront that the Amazon sale goes to) is the official U.S. distributor for Derby products. So it makes sense that they would have the orange Derbies first.

Pretty good price by the way: 250 for $24= 9.6 cents each (before shipping).

S

Sydney Guy

This is simply a new package for the same product

No No No!!! Any B&Ber can tell you that a change in packaging signifies a completely different blade with totally different performance characteristics. It stands to reason - why would they change the printing otherwise? Surely not just because the marketing dept has decided to change to a vertically-oriented cardboard hanging back from a horizontal one? :biggrin1:

Joking aside, I think that all the discussion about the poor performance of vertical Derbys amounts to a bad batch on a particular day's production which just happened to coincide with the distributor ordering new stock. That would seem to account for the split between those who say there is a difference and those who can't find any difference. Variation between batches.

I'm looking forward to the first thread on how good/bad these are based purely on packet colour and which way round the label is printed.

I'm looking forward to the first thread on how good/bad these are based purely on packet colour and which way round the label is printed.

I bet they will come out with a vertical orange Derby which will be the the best blade ever...for some people...and the worst blade ever for others. :tongue_sm

Are these re-packaged Vertical Derby's? They are going to have to find a way to unload the vertical blades one way or another. I guess I'll wait to see what the reviews are of these blades in the long term.

Are these re-packaged Vertical Derby's? They are going to have to find a way to unload the vertical blades one way or another. I guess I'll wait to see what the reviews are of these blades in the long term.

Obviously not. These are Horizontal Oranges a completely different blade to Verticals. The packet colour has made these a much sharper and smoother experience.

I think these are the same blade as the regular green Derby. Just in updated packaging specifically for the US market.

Actual repackaged vertical Derby's would be a nightmare: remove plastic outer wrapping, remove green vertical cardboard, place orange card into box, re-wrap box. Certainly no money to be made there!! :lol::lol:

Top Bottom