What's new

First cartridge shave

Last month I bought and used my first cartridge razor ever. When I started shaving, not a long time ago, I used disposables then moved to DE. I bought a Sensor Excel because I thought two blades couldn't possibly do a lot of damage. Boy, was I wrong. After my very first shave, my face was hot and irritated. I've never felt anything like it before. I decided to give it another chance, so I went even slower the second time. It was alright, but I didn't get a fully clean shave. The third time, I decided to give it another chance, so I went slower, and I tried to...go ATG. On my neck. Needless to say, my entire neck was on fire and I bled on two spots.

I haven't used it since.

DE razors may not work for everyone, but it gives one hell of a clean cut.

+1 to DE razors!

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have you been shaving for? I think mantic has a video about cartridge razors if you want to learn how to use them properly.

I remain a fan of the standard Sensor carts. They don't shave as close as a DE, but you can't beat them for a quick, easy no-brainer shave.

I remain a fan of the standard Sensor carts. They don't shave as close as a DE, but you can't beat them for a quick, easy no-brainer shave.

Exactly. The original Sensor carts are less irritating (for me) than the Sensor Excel carts. If ever you need to buy new carts for your handle, go with the Sensor carts. Since the Sensor Excel carts gave you problems, these might help. The difference really is in those rubber fins at the bottom of the Excel carts. Which are designed for stretching the skin and lifting the hairs. The regular Sensor carts don't have that.

Last edited:
Exactly. The original Sensor carts are less irritating (for me) than the Sensor Excel carts. If ever you need to buy new carts for you handle, go with the Sensor carts. Since the Sensor Excel carts gave you problems, these might help. The difference really is in those rubber fins at the bottom of the Excel carts. Which are designed for stretching the skin and lifting the hairs. The regular Sensor carts don't have that.

I never understood those fins. Surely they remove all the shave cream before the blade so it makes the cream ineffective.

Top Bottom