What's new

No Joy With My Mitchell's Order from Carbolic.

Darn the luck.:mad3: After the thread on Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap from Carbolic Soap Co. I got busy and sent in an order. The order arrived today and the ceramic dish was shipped in a pasteboard box inside a cardboard sleeve with no padding. Yep; the dish was broken.:frown: I sent an email to Carbolic asking about a "remedy" for the breakage; Wish me luck! The dish is cool, but for the price I paid I don't want it in two pieces, plus the lid.
I'll let you know how it turns out..

Darn the luck.:mad3: After the thread on Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap from Carbolic Soap Co. I got busy and sent in an order. The order arrived today and the ceramic dish was shipped in a pasteboard box inside a cardboard sleeve with no padding. Yep; the dish was broken.:frown: I sent an email to Carbolic asking about a "remedy" for the breakage; Wish me luck! The dish is cool, but for the price I paid I don't want it in two pieces, plus the lid.

I did the same, except they canceled my order stating that they didn't ship outside of the UK. At least you got soap. Sorry about the dish.

Yeah, kind of pricey. You'd probably make some of that up on shipping but I'm not sure if you'd make up all of it - depends on the cost of Carbolic's shipping. Of course, coming from IL in the US, you'd have to think there would be less chance of damage as well.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I think I paid, including shipping, was $44.00. That's a shame it was broken. Hopefully they rectify it. Keep up posted.

Casrbolic charged 8.50 pounds (approx $17.00 US) shipping. I have no idea how much of that went to pay Royal Post..

I ordered one recently as well. I added an extra puck of MWF to take some of the bite out of the shipping. Hopefully, it will make here in one piece (I'm a bit worried now):001_unsur . Even with the high shipping, Carbolic is still by far the cheapest way to get the ceramic dish.

Sorry to hear that, mate.
I ordered one of those in late February and got it this Wednesday in mint condition. No problems over here.

Casrbolic charged 8.50 pounds (approx $17.00 US) shipping. I have no idea how much of that went to pay Royal Post..

Probably most of it. Since The Post office here is gradually being privatised the prices are rising exponentially.

As long as this post has arisin again; I will report that I have been in contact with Carbolic Soap Co. and they said they will be shipping out a replacement bowl.
Ken
Who is keeping his fingers crossed.

As long as this post has arisin again; I will report that I have been in contact with Carbolic Soap Co. and they said they will be shipping out a replacement bowl.
Ken
Who is keeping his fingers crossed.

As I understand it, quite a few people in the US use them so I think it is worth posting your customer service experience.

Originally I reported that the Mitchell's soap dish I ordered was broken during shipment. I am happy to say that Carbolic Soap Co. has replaced the broken dish. It arrived a few days ago, and I have been using it since. The dish is nice, "really nice" and after a little practice I find I can make a super nice lather with the Mitchell's Shave Soap. The trick that works for me is to start building lather in the dish with a semi-dry brush, then introduce a bit more water via dipping the brush tips. It's easy to get a rich but dry lather if you don't pay attention to the business at hand. The scent as previously reported is subtle but a very soft yet rich scent that is both sweet and spicy. This is a wonderful soap for a relaxed weekend morning, I highly recommend ordering one and keeping it on hand for those times when you can indulge yourself in a luxuriously languid shave. Another item of note is that I ordered a bar of Mysore bath soap, which is quite pleasant. The real winner is the Mitchell's Wool fat Soap. I bought a bar of it and found it to not only smell nice, and lather great but leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean yet smooth. The best part is that I had developed a skin condition similar to psoriases, and the Mitchell's seems to have more or less cleaned it up.
Needless to say, I will soon be ordering a year's supply of the Mitchell's Wool fat Soap from Carbolic Soap Co.
Mark me down as a happy camper.:001_smile :001_smile :001_smile
Ken.
I apologize for the leangth of the post, but sometimes it takes more than a few words.:wink2:

You might very well already own a years supply of Mitchell's Wool Fat.
I think you were referring to the shaving soap. I was indicating that I was ordering more of the bath soap, which I tried in the shower and found that it works OK for shaving.:001_rolle

Seeing this thread makes me know what I am using for my shave tomorrow. :biggrin: I love the Kent/Mitchell woolfat shaving soap. And they make a bath soap as well? Thanks for the info!

Seeing this thread makes me know what I am using for my shave tomorrow. :biggrin: I love the Kent/Mitchell woolfat shaving soap. And they make a bath soap as well? Thanks for the info!

Where did you get yours? I had problems ordering from Carbolic.

Where did you get yours? I had problems ordering from Carbolic.
I got my stuff from Carbolic Soap Co., and admit I had to contact them via email at: [email protected] to order. The thing that impressed me is that they went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my shopping experience, so I am willing to cut them a little slack and put in a bit of effort myself.
Man, that sounds like ad copy; it's time to add that I have no financial interest in this company at all. Just a satisfied customer.
Best Regards, Ken.

I got my stuff from Carbolic Soap Co., and admit I had to contact them via email at: [email protected] to order. The thing that impressed me is that they went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my shopping experience, so I am willing to cut them a little slack and put in a bit of effort myself.
Man, that sounds like ad copy; it's time to add that I have no financial interest in this company at all. Just a satisfied customer.
Best Regards, Ken.

I'm going to try e-mailing directly to see if I can get some. Thanks!

Top Bottom