What's new

Electric Shaving cream warmer....

Ok, some of you have probably read that I mainly use Colgate shaving cream with my DE. I get the most comfortable shave with that stuff so far. I do have some boutique stuff on the way and I sometimes use Proraso. Anyways, I purchased a unit that you slide the can into and it warms the shaving cream as it dispenses it.

It just arrived to day and I checked it out. It does make the lather nice and warm :drool: but seems to make it a little less thick. But it exchange for that it seems like it may provide more lubrication. We shall see tomorrow morning.

Has anyone ever used one of these warmers before they moved on to better things? I slowly getting there though :biggrin:

Nope the can stuff is just bad for your skin, Look at some of the stuff in it. I leave my brush in really hot water in my mug well I shower, and when I make my lather is nice and warm for the first pass.

The english creams are great but I really like the body shop they make there own cream that is right up there with the english!! and you can get it local and its 13.50 for 200ml can't beat that.

Drop the can stuff or look for a can cream that is better for you then what you are using now.

I can understand budget but its only 13.50 for a 200ml tube from the body shop and that will last you a long time. You can get a badger brush from bath and body works they sell C.O bigalow products and they have a good brush for $24.

I would tell you get the 2 items above and you will great a much better shave. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/sm-sale--ci-2484777.html here is a good online store here in the US just north of me in NH and they have alot of great stuff.

I had one of those canned foam warmers sometime back in the 60's or early 70's. I think I used it for a few months and don't remember what happened to it. As I recall, it was unremarkable. <shrug>

-- John Gehman

M

modern man

I am sorry to say that I have used the Conair Hot Lather Machine.

It to the face warm and all but it was cold again in bout 5 seconds.

I did not notice a diffrence in my shave.

My dad uses one of the can warmers because otherwise he gets one hell of a bad rash on his face from cold can goo.

I've tried to get him onto another soap or good cream but his face bloomed like a strawberry after using a QED sandalwood puck a couple of weeks ago. To me the sandalwood is one of the most mild for my sensitive face but it really put him off the non-can goo train for awhile.

Two years ago I got myself a Sharper Image lather machine that "snapped" (yeah, good luck getting it on more than once) onto the nozzle area of the can (minus the plastic cover and button) and was supposed to make hot lather. Not so good. :thumbdown

be carefull getting the can to hot.....put a can of edge into the sink of hot water, went to answer the phone and when I returned shaving cream everywhere. it spued out the little hole on the bottom of the can that has the rubber doo-hickey in.

Used to use the conair hot lather machine also. The cream felt warmer in my hand than on my face-once I went to using canned gel, there was no use for the lather machine.

By the time they came out with the one that warmed canned gel, I had moved on- and there's no going back!

Marty

I can't imagine having warmer lather to use than I get from the Moss Scuttle. Hot Lather/Gel Machine, $30 US and you have to use cans of crap. Moss Scuttle, $50 US and I can use any ss/sc I want and it keeps my brush along with the lather very warm. It's no contest as far as I'm concerned.

I've read somewhere here that the can warmer does work, but it denatures (or something?) the unused cream in the can, so you wind up wasting a lot of the product.

I guess I should have done a little more research before posting this as it became quickly obvious that I had no details to offer...but it does stand to reason that heating/cooling/reheating the cream in the can would break it down over time

Top Bottom