What's new

Question about DR Harris Marlborough

I love the scent of the Harris Marlborough soap and I'm looking into picking up the aftershave. The only thing that's stopping me is whether or not it has a powdery scent at all. I picked up some Alt-Innsbruck a bit ago and while I loved its menthol and bite, I couldn't get over the powdery scent. I'm hoping Harris Marlborough isn't like that cause it might be a deal breaker. Can anyone give me some more insight before I pull the trigger? Thanks.

I wasn't the biggest fan of powdery scents (Clubman, Brut, etc) until i got Italian Floid original, now it's quickly becoming one of my faves. So maybe keep an open mind as far as that goes.

Now DR. Harris Marlborough Soap and AS smell exactly the same, no powder in either. It is not like Proraso or Spieck, where the AS and the cream/soap are similar enough to compliment each other, but have distinct differences.

Marlborough aftershave is excellent. If you don't like it, just PM me and I'll buy it from you. I don't get anything "powdery" in its scent.

No powder scent in DRH Marlborough Splash to me.
A very bright cedar/sandalwood scent to my nose.
High in alcohol and lightly mentholated. It's nice.

If you're picking up any sort of "powdery" note in Alt Innsbruck cologne (aftershave), your sniffer is broken. :confused1

Alt Innsbruck is about the farthest thing from a "powdery" smell I can imagine.

If you're picking up any sort of "powdery" note in Alt Innsbruck cologne (aftershave), your sniffer is broken. :confused1

Alt Innsbruck is about the farthest thing from a "powdery" smell I can imagine.

+1

I can't stand anything that dries down to a powdery smell which leaves quite a few classics off the list for me. I love Alt Innsbruck and detect absolutely no powdery smell thank goodness.

Thanks for the replies, looks like Harris Marlborough will definitely be my next purchase.

As for Alt Innsbruck, I only picked up a sample and not a whole bottle. All I got was baby powder mixed with Dimetap. I might give it another try down the road because I loved all the menthol in it.

Thanks for the replies, looks like Harris Marlborough will definitely be my next purchase.

As for Alt Innsbruck, I only picked up a sample and not a whole bottle. All I got was baby powder mixed with Dimetap. I might give it another try down the road because I loved all the menthol in it.

I love Alt Innsbruck, and don't get any "powder" or Dimetap scent. However, my wife says it reminds her of when she was a kid, and would stick her head in a bag of Halloween candy and take a sniff.

I love Alt Innsbruck, and don't get any "powder" or Dimetap scent. However, my wife says it reminds her of when she was a kid, and would stick her head in a bag of Halloween candy and take a sniff.

Yeah my wife also said the same thing: it reminds her of the smell of a candy bowl.

Are you sure the sample was Alt and not Floid? Floid is a more powdery barber shop scent. Maybe they got mixed up.

Baby powder, Dimetapp, and candy bowl, three classics from my youth. But I thought Alt was supposed to smell tobaccoey? Now I'm all confused.

Baby powder, Dimetapp, and candy bowl, three classics from my youth. But I thought Alt was supposed to smell tobaccoey? Now I'm all confused.

The answer is that you need to get a sample before you buy a bottle. It's a love it or leave it aftershave. I happen to love it.

Top Bottom