What's new

Pinaud Clubman

I found some, albeit in a plastic bottle, in our local Walgreen's store. When I opened it up and took a whiff it made me feel like I was just getting out of the barber's chair when I was a kid. I'm guessing that he used the Pinaud talcum powder to dust off my neck after he was done.

SWMBO wasn't thrilled with the scent but in all fairness I opened the bottle and applied some when we got back in the car so maybe it was a little overpowering. :blink:

My reaction to my first application of Clubman was about the same -- man, this stuff is powerful! But it settles down nicely, and now I can't wait to slap on some of that golden goodness in the morning.

I don't know whether my wife has actually smelled the stuff on me -- she's off to work before I shave. But my 9-year-old daughter is a big fan.

And yep, it does take you back to childhood if you grew up with an old-fashion barbershop in town. The nostalgia only adds to Clubman's allure.

I've tried a few Pinaud aftershaves, and I love the sensation. Pinaud is some strong stuff! I currently have the Bay Rum, and I love it!

I love Pinaud, too - my childhood barber used to use the talc. Had to pick some up for my father, who also has fond memories of the same shop.

Yes, Pinaud certainly brings back those memories, of a corner barber shop with Clubman prominently displayed.

Yet, it is the scent that does it for me. It just plain smells great!

I've tried a few Pinaud aftershaves, and I love the sensation. Pinaud is some strong stuff! I currently have the Bay Rum, and I love it!

+1 I tried Bay Rum the other day and now I'm hooked. I have a few other Pinaud samples to try. I can't wait

Just got my first bottle this afternoon and both myself and SWMBO are liking it!

It reminds her of her Opa, and reminds me of the ole Belmonte barber shop in Mississauga where I got my hair cut as a kid.. The barber's name?

Pff. Tony of course.. Geez...

I haven't used aftershave for maybe 30 years, but had been thinking recently about getting some, and this thread prompted to make my first purchase a bottle of Pinaud Clubman. Definitely brings back memories of the barber shop. Smells and memories - funny how that is.

I had been thinking about Old Spice (which the wife likes), and that is probably coming up next. I don't know how much different the new formula is, though.

I had been thinking about Old Spice (which the wife likes), and that is probably coming up next. I don't know how much different the new formula is, though.

It's a very subtle difference (IMHO). I have a bottle of both. The Shulton's is a bit...I don't know...sharper? More potent?. I'm not good with that stuff.

Geeno

I like to cut my Pinaud with a couple drops of glycerin and a like witch hazel. it lightens the scent a bit so it's not to strong

All fragrant aftershaves remind me of perfume. Once that stuff mixes with sweat p.u.. Witch hazel works for me. It seems like I've always had witch hazel around whether I used it or not. My barber uses it. He has a few other things he uses too but that's what I prefer. Superior 70 bay rum is ok too. I like them because they don't linger.

I used Clubman post-shave tonight. The price/performance ratio is awesome. It will cool some serious razor burn for me.

I recommend you try Clubman Special Reserve. Don't go on the first whiff in the bottle or on your face, the awesomeness is in the dry-down.

I have a bottle of Clubman I got about a year ago. Yep, almost used up. The bottle I now have has a silver/gray background. The bottles I see in the store are now a dark green background. When did the change happen because I obviously slept through it.

I have a line of Clubman items at this point-after the "Country Club"(16 oz)shaving cream is done, I may go the Special Reserve route.

+2. Yes indeed. Great stuff IMO! :thumbup1:

+3 Funny (or maybe not) story: During the summer when I was 13 (late '70's), my friend and I "ran away from home" for about a week, sleeping in the woods or in fields, etc. Once during this time we snuck into one of the local fancy country clubs through the woods, onto the golf course and into the clubhouse, where we took showers. In the shower room, they had huge bottles of Clubman which we rubbed all over ourselves as we had no toiletries or deodorant. Loved Clubman ever since and still use it regularly to this day. So for me it reminds me of "country club" though I've never belonged to one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom