What's new

Expensive local blades

I was in our local Walgreen's and noticed that they were selling double-edge blades and they wanted $6.99 for 10 of them and that doesn't include the 9% sales tax! I was able to order Feather blades, as part of a bigger order, and they were only $5.99 for 10.

I was in our local Walgreen's and noticed that they were selling double-edge blades and they wanted $6.99 for 10 of them and that doesn't include the 9% sales tax! I was able to order Feather blades, as part of a bigger order, and they were only $5.99 for 10.

Those Walgreen blades are personna blades re-branded, you can get them directly from personna for $1.99 for a 10 pack with free shipping. I have a bunch of them I might start using. When I first tried them my technique was bad so they caused problems.

Those Walgreen blades are personna blades re-branded, you can get them directly from personna for $1.99 for a 10 pack with free shipping. I have a bunch of them I might start using. When I first tried them my technique was bad so they caused problems.

Good to know! I think the Feathers look cooler so I'll stick with them. :thumbup1:

You can get Feathers for less than $30 per 100 from some vendors here on B&B, if you're interested in those quantities.

They may end up being my blade of choice. I have about 20 of them plus some iridiums and a smattering of others. Thanks for the heads up!

The really crazy thing is that people will actually pay those prices for these sub-great blades. A lot more people would buy them if the prices at least pretended to be reasonable, though.:001_rolle

Last Gillettes I saw in a store were at CVS and they wanted 9.99 for a pack of ten :thumbdown Not even GOOD Gillette blades. I can get 120 Gillette Super Thins (much better quality) for less than 20 bucks delivered on ebay.
Wp

S

Sydney Guy

The only DE blades available in Australian supermarkets & pharmacies are Brazilian Wilkinson Swords (not very good by all accounts) at $A12.50 for 10! Needless to say, I'm not buying any.

Yes, I've also found some pricey blades at CVS and Walgreens. I mostly stick to mail order, but I'm glad you can still find some around because of the TSA prohibition on blades.

The only DE blades available in Australian supermarkets & pharmacies are Brazilian Wilkinson Swords (not very good by all accounts) at $A12.50 for 10! Needless to say, I'm not buying any.

Down in Canberra they seem to be $16.something. Outrageous! Don't even think about looking for a decent brush either. :thumbdown

Maybe they know that people can't bring them on Airline Flights due to security regulations. Once people arrive at their destination they will buy razor blades....no matter what the cost.

Cheers.

Maybe they know that people can't bring them on Airline Flights due to security regulations. Once people arrive at their destination they will buy razor blades....no matter what the cost.

Cheers.

There aren't a lot of tourists here in Northern NJ wet shaving.

yeah !!!! plus...you can get them around my area at the 99 cent stores,the packaging says made in usa on them ...i use them,not bad for a buck !

S

Sydney Guy

Down in Canberra they seem to be $16.something. Outrageous! Don't even think about looking for a decent brush either. :thumbdown

Even Shavershop only charges $5 for a pack of 5 Astra SP blades! Try them and if you like Astras order 100 from Barber & Hairdressing Supply in Sydney - $18.15 + postage http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=1649&pp=10&page=4.

Look at the Australian Shaving Supplies wiki for suppliers http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Australia_shaving_supplies as well as this thread http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=51.

Cheers.

I thought you could bring them in you checked luggage?

you should be able to take them on checked luggage just not carry on.

I usually try to fly without a checked bag, since most airlines charge for checked bags these days, and even if they don't, waiting for a checked bag can be slow & painful. Most of the flying I do these days is to visit my girlfriend, so I'm planning on keeping a stash of blades or a small shaving kit at her place. If I were going anywhere else, I'd probably be willing to fork over $6 for $2 blades when I got there. I wonder if hotels would be willing to let you mail blades before you come to pick up when you arrive...I know people mail luggage these days...

Top Bottom