What's new

Monobloc with case

Jake had asked me to send him a few pics of my Monobloc with the case that just came in from France, & I thought I'd go ahead and share with everyone. I haven't shaved with it yet, but plan to after a good cleaning just to see how it does. I don't know exactly how rare they are, but you definitely don't see them come up in conversation too often! Its balance point is about 8mm behind where the knurling starts if that matters to anyone. This is definitely one that's gonna sit proudly beside my prototypes & double rings.

View attachment 116947

View attachment 116949

View attachment 116953

View attachment 116955

View attachment 116956

The plan for now is to soak in Scrubbing Bubbles & then a quick dip in the ultrasonic cleaner. Maybe a little Flitz in the knurling if things are dull, but I hope not. I don't have any CLR, so I'm hoping the ultrasonic will do. It usually does. To piece these together, I think, was really lucky.

Beautiful set Jess! I too have a very nice Monobloc but have rarely seen the cool and classy yellow case -- seems they only show up in France. Thanks for posting the photos -- really a great score!

What are the prototypes you referred to? Seems like you must have a very interesting collection!

Beautiful set Jess! I too have a very nice Monobloc but have rarely seen the cool and classy yellow case -- seems they only show up in France. Thanks for posting the photos -- really a great score!

What are the prototypes you referred to? Seems like you must have a very interesting collection!

Thanks Jake!! I think I just got lucky to have found the case when I did. Had I not had a few extra minutes & had I not clicked on a couple more pages, I would've never found it. A couple of other guys obviously saw it too though!

As prototypes go, the Fat Boy, the chrome Toggle, (if that's a prototype), & a Toggle with the serial #.

I thought about using CLR myself but it says on the back not to use on any metals so I didn't bother.

I do have a question about scrubbing bubbles. I've seen this mentioned a lot. But how do you buy it? All I've seen forms of it is in a spay can that makes it foam, in a spray can that just sprays, in liquid in a large refill bottle for the automatic bathroom cleaner sprayer thingy and in little gel thingies that stick to the inside of your toilet. I've been using Kaboom! spray.

I've been using the spray foam myself & it seems to do a pretty good job. I think you wanna use the foam since it can cling as it cleans. I guess you could use it as a soak using the refill too, but that'd be a waste.

Top Bottom