What's new

Modern Ed. Pinaud (DCHL) Colognes

Dear BadgerandBladers,

I've been a lurker for quite a while now, and been keeping my mouth shut since searching the archives kept finding the answers for me. But now I'm finally before an interrogation I can't answer myself.

Has anyone ever managed to try the modern Ed. Pinaud fragrances produced by the Hitherto-French-Now-Malaysian-since-2007 upscale half of the Pinaud empire? There are four men colognes, and six for women, as you can see here (click on the "Plus" symbol besides the link on the page):

http://www.dchl.com.my/index2.asp?mid=3&sid=6&s2id=46

Bear in mind that this is not the Pinaud-Clubman line (which used to be the American Pinaud), but rather what's left of the French house, which never really catered to the popular market.

So far, I've managed to find buying links to these products through Malaysian or Singaporean websites only, and I can't find a single review of someone having actually used the stuff.

Is there anybody here who lives in / travels around Southeast Asia who had the occasion to see these products? Are they worth looking for? Do they smell good?

I've contacted DCHL, obviously to no avail so far. I'm in Canada.

Any information would be great to have. I'm a fan of the Pinaud-Clubman products, and the possibility of having something worth its lineage is enticing.

Last edited:
Fascinating! I've never even heard of these scents before. They sound good enough to give them a try, though.

As far as a source, have you thought of PMing B&B member Dridiot (AKA Jason)? He's a vendor located in Singapore, and while I haven't seen any of this stuff on his EBay site, he might be able to get some for you.

Hopefully ClubmanRob will be alerted by this thread, so he might chime in.

I will send a PM to Dridiot.

Let us know what you find. By the way, have you ever seen Aqua de Parma at any of the big downtown Montreal stores (Ogilvie's, etc)?

I may be going through there in the fall, and was wondering about a Canadian vice internet source. Montreal seems to be ahead of the curve in this regard I have found.

C

I'm currently working my way around Seoul, South Korea for a year and I haven't seen it anywhere. I haven't been to many high end stores (yet) so I'll keep an eye out for anything like this.

Would be very interested to try his "extra Vieille", and of course Imperiale and Cologne Royal....

Let us know what you find. By the way, have you ever seen Aqua de Parma at any of the big downtown Montreal stores (Ogilvie's, etc)?

I may be going through there in the fall, and was wondering about a Canadian vice internet source. Montreal seems to be ahead of the curve in this regard I have found.

C

According to the AdP website, both Holt Renfrew and Ogilvy's should store it. But the last time I was in Ogilvy's, I did not see anything. Better call them to make sure.

Yeah! Montreal is only 2 hours away..

Any good stuff there? T and H? Aqua de Parma? Penhaligons?

/drool

The best place to find good stuff (T&H, Trumpers, DRH, Muehle, Edwin Jagger, etc) is Vasco cigars, on Ste-Catherine near Crescent. http://www.vascocigars.com/

Most drugstores have Proraso stuff.

The only Penhaligon vendor in Quebec is in Quebec city (Esprit Nouveau shop), but they have pretty much everything. A ueful drive if you want to try before you buy.

Hmmm.. only 4 hours to QC and my wife loves it there...

May be a plan for a Labour day weekend get-away!!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Thanks for the heads up! Maybe we can stop in Montreal on the way and then hit Quebec... or on the way back... hee..

The Plotting begins!

Fascinating! I've never even heard of these scents before. They sound good enough to give them a try, though.

As far as a source, have you thought of PMing B&B member Dridiot (AKA Jason)? He's a vendor located in Singapore, and while I haven't seen any of this stuff on his EBay site, he might be able to get some for you.

Well, much to my dismay, he reported and saw none of the modern Ed. Pinaud colognes in Malaysia. Maybe someone wants to take the risk and order from an online Malaysian vendor?

I found a facebook page and a blog promoting the products, so I emailed them at the email address listed in the blog. Next time I checked my mail, I saw that it had been bounced back as undeliverable. The plot thickens...

Top Bottom