What's new

Why Load Up on Soaps?

I have been tempted to take advantage of that MWF deal on the Deal Forum. Buy like 4 pucks. However, since a puck last around 12 months with daily use, probably 2-3 years with rotating 2 others into the week....why would you want to load up on pucks of anything that has been on the market for decades?? Seems like you would want a freshly made puck instead of something that has been sitting in your bathroom for 2-5 yrs....

I suspect that many out there are not hedging their purchases based on the FX/Commodity markets..so I can only assume OCD is widespread in this hobby..I am instituting a "Do I Really Need that Many" 1 day buffer period before pulling purchase trigger.....

MetroNome, I ordered 4 pucks total of the MWF soap. One puck went to the shave den. The other three will be individually vacuum packed and squirreled away for later use. The price on the soap was very good. The soap that has been vacuum packed will still be like new when I eventually open them. I tend to buy things in quantity when prices are low. Half a Beef, vacuum packed and frozen. One pig, vacuum packed and frozen.

If there is any meat left by next purchase time we have a BBQ.

Terry

MetroNome, I ordered 4 pucks total of the MWF soap. One puck went to the shave den. The other three will be individually vacuum packed and squirreled away for later use. The price on the soap was very good. The soap that has been vacuum packed will still be like new when I eventually open them. I tend to buy things in quantity when prices are low. Half a Beef, vacuum packed and frozen. One pig, vacuum packed and frozen.

If there is any meat left by next purchase time we have a BBQ.

Terry

Great idea. I will vacuum pack my extra puck right now!

Vintage MWF?
With as much as people rave about some vintage soaps, do you wonder if they do somehow get better with age?

Aside from the shavapocalypse, wouldn't you like to have a stash of vintage MWF (or whatever) when youngsters of the future are raving about how much better it is than current soaps?

There are certain things that will be immune to the Shaveapocolypse, e.g. anything veggie. Tallow-based stuff, like MWF, is the most susceptible to reformulation, and you have to watch for the warning signs of it like a hawk. That said, MWF doesn't seem likely to go anywhere anytime soon. I am prepared, however, to go buy out AoS should P&G sneeze and make their shaving soap go away.

It's a wonder why the world news media doesn't report on the impending great shavepocalypse.

Perhaps it's only common knowledge to a few select groups.:blink:

Hoard while the pickings is easy!

Terry

I load up to save on shipping.

... and there's always the shavepocalypse too...:blink:

- Jason

Last edited:
I am instituting a "Do I Really Need that Many" 1 day buffer period before pulling purchase trigger.....

Good idea. I must admit to thinking along your lines. ATM I have soaps and creams to last about three years on rotation and cannot justify any more purchases beyond simply wanting!

I am instituting a "Do I Really Need that Many" 1 day buffer period before pulling purchase trigger.....

These are famous last words around these parts. They might not make movies about it, or have Discovery Channel documentaries but the Shavepocalypse is real and when it hits you may find yourself with nothing but canned goo :crying: Truely a horror story...

It's like asking why load up on ammo but when the zombies attack at the same time shavepocalypse occurs you'll be the one all your friends come to.

These are famous last words around these parts. They might not make movies about it, or have Discovery Channel documentaries but the Shavepocalypse is real and when it hits you may find yourself with nothing but canned goo :crying: Truely a horror story...

:blink::blink:

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

It's like asking why load up on ammo but when the zombies attack at the same time shavepocalypse occurs you'll be the one all your friends come to.

+1 It would be wise to be smooth and loaded to fend off zombies and look classy for any remaining ladies

:blink::blink:

Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

Sorry brother, word on the street is besides brains, zombies like eating the triple milled soaps

Top Bottom