What's new

Parker Safety Razors

Anyone tried the Parker 91r? I am looking for one of these at a good price.

Yes, I bought one last Saturday. In the shop I compared it with the Merkur 34c and they are about the same weight. The Parkers has a longer handle though. They are almost identical to my untrained eye.

My first shave was excellent (mind you it was also my first DE shave ever), I didn't have to apply much pressure at all, and I didn't find it too aggressive.

Build quality seems OK to me, but of course I don't know how it will last over the months/years.

For 26 euro I think it's a really nice razor.

Just bought a Parker 91R on ebay for about $33 CAD, and it's in the mail. It looks identical to a Merkur but it is a nickel polish, not chrome. However, it doesn't make a difference to me if it's a good quality razor, that's all that counts. Not who makes it or where its made. So I'll let you know how it goes. How's your razor looking? Shaves good? Is it aggressive? or light? Does it feel solid and heavy?

I had 3 shaves with it so far, and I'm beginning to like it. The first shave was excellent, but the next 2 shave were...well... different. Not that it's aggressive or something, but I blame it on my technique/pressure/etc.

Overall, the razor is fine. Build quality seems good, it feels solid, and the weight is ok. The only thing I noticed is that the razorblade sticks out a little on both sides of the razor (the short sides of the razor I mean). I'm not sure if this is normal.

I'm interested in your experience with it !

The 84 was my first DE razor. It's more aggressive than a tech but has a really nice long handle. The weight isn't bad. A little light but not too bad. I looks great but you have to keep the copper clean or it turns green on you (as copper does).

Top Bottom