What's new

Hats !

I own 2 Optimo Hats, one Montecristi Panama, one black Rush St. fedora. Graham makes exquiste hats, they aren't cheap though! I also have a couple of vintage hats too.

www.optimohats.com

I hadn't been interested in hats until last year, when I bought an Australian leather hat, the Boundary Rider model made by Coastline Hats Co., and last month I bought myself a black Stetson hat (the vitafelt Wray model).

I love hats like those, I'm waiting for my face to become a little more "vintage" before I can start to were something other than a baseball cap.

.....um. Can we get some pictures up in here??
Borsalino YES !!
"Vintage" face ?? Why I oughtta !! :mad: :wink:

full

full

full

the first one is my friend in florida and we are wearing our montichristi from panamabob and vendor who sells great hats for great prices.

the second is the Art Fawcett "Tucker" the more i wear it, the more I love it....

the third is my cheap hat from panama bob that I wear outside in the yard and alot at work, too.

I have another navy blue from Art Fawcett with a bound edge and wind trolley. Two weeks ago I got a light grey called the "Route 66" that comes with the Missouri 66 hat pin....

I also just recieved a light tan from a private hatter in Ohio. That is abxolutley fantastic.

I own two Akubras. too....you can;t beat these for off the shelf hats...for price style or durability.

I get a few stares, a few compliments, but I don't get sunburnt on my balding head and my naked face in the sun....plus they are very warm in the winter....i do like my hats...

mark the shoeshine boy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mark !!
Great looking lids.
BTW, Thanks for contributing to my new _AD :wink:
I'm saving my pennies for a custom Art....
not sure which way to go, yet

Anybody else like 'em ??
Here's my latest:
New (old) Stetson 3X Beaver :cool:

Wow Rick, what a beauty. Does the "Stetson 3X Beaver" indicate the style of the hat, or only a brand and material? Yes, I'm quite clueless on the subject, but, while I've always found such vintage apparel rather appealing, I've never seen one that immediately struck me as being the sort of shape that I might be able to pull off myself. Any further information about that particular shape would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom