What's new

New to the forum question....

Okay, I am having a hard time finding my most recent posts.

What is the easiest way to jump to my most recent posts so that I can see any replies? This would be for posts I started or posts I replied to. When I get to the main page...the only thing I can figure is to do an advanced search for my own username. There HAS to be something easier than that!

in your user control panel, set up your subscriptions so you are automatically subscribed to any thread in which you post. then, when you click on 'list subscriptions' in your control panel, all those threads will show up there.

that's how i do it anyway.

Casting my mind back to when I joined I think there is the function to subscribe to threads and have an email sent when anyone replys in that thread? Other than that just scan the new posts if you want to see any replys made after your post. Just try and remember which threads you need to see replys to and which it wouldn't matter if you didn't see them. :thumbup1:

R

rodeo

Or go to:

User CP > Your Profile > Statistics > View all your posts

(If you don't want to subscribe)

Yeah, the B&B software is, shall we say, less than friendly on this point. Other boards have a button you can press which takes you to replies on your posts automatically. This one requires you to take action to subscribe, then accumulates subscriptions which have to be pruned by hand. Anyway, once you're subscribed, you can press "User CP" and see everything you're subscribed to with new posts.

Once you get used to it, it's not as bad, but it'd be nice for it to be easier to use.

Yeah, the B&B software is, shall we say, less than friendly on this point. Other boards have a button you can press which takes you to replies on your posts automatically. This one requires you to take action to subscribe, then accumulates subscriptions which have to be pruned by hand. Anyway, once you're subscribed, you can press "User CP" and see everything you're subscribed to with new posts.

Once you get used to it, it's not as bad, but it'd be nice for it to be easier to use.

I completely agree with this. Other forums I am a member of are WAY easier to navigate.

I will use the subscriptions option....thank you all for the replies.

in your user control panel, set up your subscriptions so you are automatically subscribed to any thread in which you post. then, when you click on 'list subscriptions' in your control panel, all those threads will show up there.

that's how i do it anyway.

Okay, hopefully not sounding like an idiot here......

I just tried to do this, but I can't see where it says in the control panel in list subscriptions to automatically subscribe to all my posts.

Any help finding that would be very helpful. I am new to this forum stuff and this is new to me...so thanks in advance.

Go to forum. On the top you will see search. Click on the search link and then the Advanced Search link. There you can search by your user name and put in a time limit (e.g. yesterday and newer) to limit your searches.

Welcome to Badger & Blade!

I actually like Badger & Blade's options better. I use the subscriptions for the threads I intend to post in every day. When I want to check on all the threads I posted in, I search with my username and just refresh that search every few minutes.

Thank you very much everyone. I have it figured out now and it is working! I have enjoyed being here so far besides this....now everything is great!

Okay, hopefully not sounding like an idiot here......

I just tried to do this, but I can't see where it says in the control panel in list subscriptions to automatically subscribe to all my posts.

Any help finding that would be very helpful. I am new to this forum stuff and this is new to me...so thanks in advance.

go to the user control panel and find the link on the left for 'options'. in the box marked 'messaging and notifications' or something like that, there's a drop down box that lets you choose how often you'll receive notifications. i like to be updated on threads in which i contribute day by day, so i choose daily email notification.

regardless of how often you choose to be updated, you should be set for automatic subscription. (i think.... it's been a while since i messed with all that)

edit: glad you got it working

Last edited:
Go to forum. On the top you will see search. Click on the search link and then the Advanced Search link. There you can search by your user name and put in a time limit (e.g. yesterday and newer) to limit your searches.

Cheers Jim I just tried that one and it threw up a thread I forgot that I wanted to check back on. Good work sir. :thumbup:

Subscribing to posts are not intuitive on the B&B. You've received instructions on how to do that already so I won't address that here. However, for a really easy and alternative way to look for all your recent posts, simply our select your username in a recent posting. It will pop up with with several options. Just select "Find all post by <your username>" and, voila, a list of all of your posts will appear.

Top Bottom