What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just received a new delivery of Muehle STF (21,23,25) as well as Black Fibre knots. I stock now the whole line of 19, 21, 23 and 25 mm knots!

I wouldn't want it to be too floppy.

Maybe 52-56mm loft would be better
Synthetics have a spring to them natural hair doesn't plus that is a large dense knot. For good splay I wouldn't go lower than 56mm. There is a member here who had 55mm and he said the splay isn't great. I have a stock Edwin Jagger 25mm at 58mm and think even a little more loft could be good but as is it is phenomenal.

Last edited:
I have my Muhle 23mm set to the max loft. I like everything about the brush except for the splay. Even at a max loft it doesn't open up like a badger.

I have my Muhle 23mm set to the max loft. I like everything about the brush except for the splay. Even at a max loft it doesn't open up like a badger.
What loft? I was thinking of doing the same thing. The 23mm at stock loft is okay. Was hoping a higher loft would open it up more.

Rudy, I am a beginner. I am looking for a faux ivory handle, perhaps a stubby type or beehive. I am looking for Super Badger, I think. What would you recommend and what do you have, can you make for me, and at what cost?

What loft? I was thinking of doing the same thing. The 23mm at stock loft is okay. Was hoping a higher loft would open it up more.

Rudy put it at max loft. I believe he got it to 54.

It is not that it is bad. It is just not great. I never grab for it in the morning. I will use it as my travel brush.

That's a good question. I might order one soon I just got to figure out what handle I want.

I hate to get another dark knight handle like on my 2-band finest, so I might opted for a different stype and material.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I was able to score a few of the L'Occitane/Plisson synthetic brushes, they are all sold out where I had asked and stopped by. Maybe the last chance to get a brush made with this knot.
I also have received a new delivery of the Muehle synthetics and have several Shavemac knots on hand as well.
My pressure pot is set up and as soon as the resin arrives, I getting my own casting done.

I was able to score a few of the L'Occitane/Plisson synthetic brushes, they are all sold out where I had asked and stopped by. Maybe the last chance to get a brush made with this knot.
I also have received a new delivery of the Muehle synthetics and have several Shavemac knots on hand as well.
My pressure pot is set up and as soon as the resin arrives, I getting my own casting done.
This is exciting news indeed. Very much looking forward to this!

$036.jpgYin and Yang. Brand new Rudy Vey 28mm ShaveMac finest knot x 50mm loft Disco Chubby vs my Grandpa's RV reknotted british boar Everready 200T.. Winner winner chicken dinner...
TT

I am looking to replace the handle on my Feather DX non folding razor. Can you make one? The present handle is to small for my hands. If yes, how can I reach you?

Just received a new delivery of Muehle STF (21,23,25) as well as Black Fibre knots. I stock now the whole line of 19, 21, 23 and 25 mm knots!

What is max loft you can set the 23mm at? My Edwin Jagger measures 54mm loft stock. I am looking to get one with more loft. Can you do 56mm? or more?

Do the loccitane knots keep the metal cup?

Top Bottom