What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Just got my RV...in-hand pictures to come tonight. I'm a bit overwhelmed, actually, at how much my expectations were absolutely BLOWN away. Rudy is truly an artist and I'm already planning my next brush. Thanks again!!!

Few pictures with the dSLR...couldn't resist :lol:

$RV2248_0011e.jpg

$RV2248_0010e.jpg

$RV2248_0008e.jpg

$RV2248_0012e.jpg

Finest 22/48

Here is my on the way Rudy Vey "Stubeehive" Boar!
I stole the style from another member (with a small height modification) - could not resist!
Knot = 23mm x 50mm
Should be a nice scrub with minimized splay.

Attachments

• $RV Boar.jpg
    $RV Boar.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 890
I've just received the pictures of 3 brushes I've ordered via this wonderful craftsman. :) This was my final order:

• 1 x AS3M in White Zebra with a 22 / 46 TGN Fan Finest 2-band
  • 1 x Chief in Black Horn with a 22 / 46 TGN Fan Finest 2-band
  • 1 x R7 in Boxelder Burl (blue swirls) with a 24 / 48 TGN Fan Finest 2-band
Yes, I am a pure hard soap face latherer and I have a thing for this handle style. I have to be honest and state that I am quite uncreative, hence I simply formulated my requests/desires to Rudy based on the wonderful brushes that were depicted here in this thread. The Boxelder Burl one is much more different than I anticipated/expected/hoped for as I desired bigger color chunks, but Rudy and I decided to name this one the "Van Gogh brush" which is quite unique on its own. Quite nice. :thumbup1: The White Zebra will have partial spots of faded vertical lines, but this will add to the unique character of the brush. I absolutely love it but it's my 3rd favorite.

My absolute favorite is the Black Horn. :w00t:

Can't wait to try these out!

Attachments

• $IMG_1803.jpg
    $IMG_1803.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 882
  • $IMG_1804.jpg
    $IMG_1804.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 886
  • $IMG_1805.jpg
    $IMG_1805.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 880
  • $IMG_1806.jpg
    $IMG_1806.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 877
  • $IMG_1801.jpg
    $IMG_1801.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 876
Here is my on the way Rudy Vey "Stubeehive" Boar!
I stole the style from another member (with a small height modification) - could not resist!
Knot = 23mm x 50mm
Should be a nice scrub with minimized splay.

Craig-That's absolutely stunning. What is the handle material?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The Boxelder Burl reminds me of Van Gogh's starry night. Enjoy your brushes.

Me too, hence the name!!

BTW, I plan on selling a few of my private brushes. I just took the pictures and here they are. One is the DaVinci Travel brush, I used it exactly once only. It is nice, but way too small for me. Would be a good brush for some touch up work, or if you have a full beard and need just to apply lather in smaller areas. This brush is exquisitely made: $65 plus shipping

Next up is a Horn handled brush in the Kent style, featuring a WSP Superfine knot (approx 27 mm with a loft of 51 mm): $75 plus shipping. sold
Next to it is a two-band brush with also a WSP knot, I think this was their two-band finest (23/24 mm with a loft of 50 mm), very nice knot in a Boxelderburl handle: $60 plus shipping sold

The last pictures shows a RV handle (no special style, just some playing....) in tortoiseshell with a HMW knot that I got direct from China, the 24 mm knot has a very short loft of 44 mm. This brush is very, very soft: $60 plus shippingSOLD

Last but not least, a WD Silvertip knot (24/25 mm with 50 mm loft) in a Redwood Burl handle, this is also very soft: $30 plus shipping sold

All these brushes I made for me, mainly to test these knots; none of them has seen more than 10 shaves, some only a couple or so. They may shed all some hairs in the first uses.
All sold as is, and the shipping is extra as I had mentioned. If you are interested in any of the brushes, let me know with an email to:
[email protected]

or pm me here. As always, first come-first serve. Some have my logo engraved, some not.

Attachments

• $IMG_1814.jpg
    $IMG_1814.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 834
  • $IMG_1815.jpg
    $IMG_1815.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 835
  • $IMG_1816.jpg
    $IMG_1816.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 833
  • $IMG_1817.jpg
    $IMG_1817.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 828
Last edited:
Craig-That's absolutely stunning. What is the handle material?
You know I don't know for sure - it is either resin or acrylic. The man would need to confirm.
I like it because (at least in the pics, it has a stone-like look.
Rudy has it listed as Butterscotch with Grey and White.

Me too, hence the name!!

BTW, I plan on selling a few of my private brushes. We are re-doing our bathroom and some need to go, they do not get much, if any use anymore. I probably will take pictures and post them here in the next days.

This is gonna be good, I can feel it. :001_smile

Rudy Vey

I have a number of surplus handles for sale, here is what I got:

First picture from left to right:

Big Leaf Maple Burl, diameter of hole is 24 mm with a depth of 18 mm: $35 plus shipping sold

Little Eagle, ivory with grey and butterscotch swirl, diamter is 20 with a 13 mm depth: $30 plus shipping

"Chief", tortoise shell, 25 mm hole diameter with a depth of 21 mm: $45 plus shipping

Second picture, from left to right: A mess of Chubbies

aged faux ivory Chubby, 32 mm diameter of hole with a depth of 17 mm: $30 plus shipping

White Chubby, 32 mm diameter with a depth of 17 mm: $30 plus shipping sold

These are drilled to take a TGN 30 mm Two-band finest knot!!

Ancient Kauri (approx 50000 years old), 25 mm diameter of the hole with a depth of 14 mm: $30 plus shipping

Ancient Kauri, 25 mm diameter with a depth of 16 mm - can be drilled to about 30 mm: $30 plus shipping

Last Pictures hows a razor stand with a 11.5 mm diameter hole: $20 plus shipping

Please email me ([email protected]) or pm here - first come-first serve
I cannot set knots in the handles!!
$IMG_1831.jpg$IMG_1832.jpg$IMG_1835.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using this since last Thursday.

$IMG_1796.jpg

28 mm TGN Finest set at 52 mm. It's really broken in nicely and made vacation last week a real treat. It's going to demolish my hard soaps.

I will say the TGN knot is a pointy bulb, but it works for me.

Rudy Vey

I have a delivery of Muehle STF knots on the way from Germany at the moment. This time I am also getting a 19 mm knot.
For those who had asked me for larger knot, they do have nothing larger than the 25 mm knot.

Top Bottom