What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

$IMG_1016.jpg

Two of my favorite brushes. Banged up Semogue 1305 boar (other side is chipped) and my Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest badger.. Both get the job done extremely well and at least one will get passed on to the grandkids..

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just to let you know we will be going on vacation on 1 May and I may not be able to reply to emails or pm's in my normal manner.

Many thanks to Rudy for my newest RV additions. All of them have Shavemac Silvertip 2-band knots. As always, Rudy is great to deal with and excellent with his communication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rudy Vey

A couple more days and we are off on vacation....Emails and pm's will be answered as internet access allows..

Rudy Vey

Where we at vacation the internet connection is very bad. I will answer emails and pm's when I return.

Rudy Vey

Back from vacation :sad:, but everything has to come to an end, although it feels like time always goes faster on vacation.
PM's and emails will be answered today.

Rudy Vey

I am getting quite frequently brush for restoration, mostly to remove an old knot and put a new one in.
In some cases, the brush had been re-knotted before I get it to redo, or change to a different quality knot.
In the last months, I have had two cases where inside the brush, under the knot someone put a piece of metal, mostly a one cent piece.
This is trouble!! The drill bit I am using are Forstner style bits and meant for wood or resins. They are not meant to drill trough metal.
The result is that the bit stalls, and even can jump slightly which results in a breakout on the rim of the hole. I do not know who does this, but I advise against it totally. If you need to shim a knot, use a slice of cork, that is what I use. If you need to add weight, then drill out the handle slightly deeper and use fishing lead shot, small pieces add quite a bit of weight if needed. If I am asked to add weight, then I use small BB and #7 shot and encase it in epoxy glue.

Please, if you send me a brush for restoration, let me know if there is a chance that a coin is inside under the knot.

I have found lead tape works well and is cheap. This tape is used to add weight to golf club heads. It's heavy but can be trimmed with scissors, plus it is soft and won't ruin a forstner bit.

Rudy Vey

Here are three handles that are for sale. They are all made from material I have cast myself, the lower part is a light amber and the top is ivory colored.
All are drilled with a 25 mm bit, and the depth is 15 -18 mm.

Each one is $40, which includes the shipping in CONUS.

As always: first come - first serve. Email me: [email protected]

or send a PM here.

$IMG_3404.jpg

Rudy Vey

Here are three handles that are for sale. They are all made from material I have cast myself, the lower part is a light amber and the top is ivory colored.
All are drilled with a 25 mm bit, and the depth is 15 -18 mm.

Each one is $40, which includes the shipping in CONUS.

As always: first come - first serve. Email me: [email protected]

or send a PM here.

View attachment 660498

The one on the left is gone!

Top Bottom