What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

How much did that run you? I might place an order for one if it isn't too high. I really like how yours looks!

I suggest you send Rudy a PM for a price quote. I did and he responds quickly.

Miike

BTW, you're gonna love that brush.

How much did that run you? I might place an order for one if it isn't too high. I really like how yours looks!

Just PM Rudy for a cost estimate..... He is great to deal with and the cost depends a lot on which knot you choose... the one in the photo is a TGN-Silvertip. It's a wonderful brush!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Here is my latest restoration. You all my have seen the thread of MomentoMori in the brushes forum:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=172481

Well, he sent the brush to me and I got it today and started the work on it right away. I think it came out quite well, and looks good with the Black Badger knot in it. The knot is a 22 mm knot set at about 49 mm loft.

Here is my latest restoration. You all my have seen the thread of MomentoMori in the brushes forum:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=172481

Well, he sent the brush to me and I got it today and started the work on it right away. I think it came out quite well, and looks good with the Black Badger knot in it. The knot is a 22 mm knot set at about 49 mm loft.

That is a gorgeous brush, Rudy! I saw the "before" pics when he originally received it & I am sure it is now the brush he wanted. You do fantastic work!!! :thumbup1:

- Steve :001_cool:

Last edited:
It's beautiful. I'm rubbing my face against the image on the monitor in anticipation. Rudy opened the package and restored it immediately!

Rudy Vey

It's beautiful. I'm rubbing my face against the image on the monitor in anticipation. Rudy opened the package and restored it immediately!

Yeah, it was a fun job - I really love this handle!! Wish I can find one for myself.

Well, got my custom brush from Rudy a few days ago, and shaved with it a few times.
Only just got round to taking pics- they're a bit rushed, so I apologise.
Here's the best one.

It's a TGN 30mm silvertip grade A, set at around 52mm, with a chubby style handle.
Rudy is a genius.
Thanks again!

Last week I purchased 3 handles from Rudy. All three are exceptional beautiful and even Rudy's pictures hardly do them justice to how nice they look in person.

View attachment 131275View attachment 131274

Here they are, two with temporary knots stuck in for illustration purposes. All three of these are just spectacular. The Tulip and Eagle style handles are both massively oversize (close to a chubby 3 handle for scale) perfect for my brother and I who have big hands. The Tulip was a birthday present that went over very very well!

I have to give worlds of respect to Rudy's skill. I only gave him a picture of the Eagle shape and no guidance on the Tulip other than the name and both are EXACTLY like the originals. Its really amazing that with just a visual image he can duplicate these shapes so perfectly.

My photo skills have prevented me from taking any good pictures with my knots set in them, but if I get some that work I will add them later on. I wound up putting a 22mm TGN Super Silvertip at 44mm loft in the Glass Jar, and a TGN 24mm Extra Stuffed Finest at 50mm loft in both of the others. I'm quite happy with both of mine.

Thank you again Rudy!

Last edited:
My Rudy Vey brush arrived today. This picture is the one Mr. Vey took prior to finishing the knot. It looks even better in person. I was going to take some more pics, but I can't get a decent one in my current lighting.

I'm really happy with it... going to get my first shave with it this evening. :thumbup1:

Thank you, Rudy!

*edit* Just got my first shave with this brush... I honestly did not want to stop lathering and start shaving, it was so nice. I did an extra pass tonight just so I could lather up again.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Just an update for my customer that ordered brushes with custom Shavemac knots.
The delivery with FEDEX takes now about two weeks (used to be about 5 days - a week). The shipments are listed for about a week as "delayed clearance" - not sure what this exactly means, but I assume it may have either to do with Fish and Game checks or with increased security for air freighted materials (remember the bomb scare we had a few weeks ago). One of my shipments has cleared and was dropped at my house, the other one is still in "delayed clearance" and I hope to have it before Thanksgiving. The third shipment has not left the factory yet, and I discus with Bernd alternatives for shipping.

I will keep you all updated!

proxy.php

Here are mine, more pics coming soon,

Thank You Mr.Vey!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The first picture is a before the last three are after. It was an old Simms. She looks restored to her natural state. Good job Rudy!:thumbup:

Top Bottom