What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Beautiful brush! I have a similar one with a Shavemac D01 knot and it is a stunning handle with an incredible knot. It is a brush that will stay in my collection.

$image.jpg$image.jpgThis is the newest addition to my collection of Rudy Vey brushes. The handle is modeled after an early eighteenth century shaving brush. The material is faux horn and the brush is a .Shavemac two-band Silvertip (the new hair they have, the “beesknees” of badger hair in the moment).
26 mm with a loft of 51/52 mm. Rudy does a great job and this beautiful brush will definitely not be my last one from Rudy.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Here is the initial version of this brush, the handle is still available. See the thread about Surplus Handles for sale.$IMG_2952.jpg

Alfredus... Wow. What a beautiful, beautiful brush. Get it bloomed and show us some more! Merry Christmas! (Still Christmas for you or was that yesterday?)

Alfredus... Wow. What a beautiful, beautiful brush. Get it bloomed and show us some more! Merry Christmas! (Still Christmas for you or was that yesterday?)
Thank you good sir - we have long Christmas festivities this year as the family from Austria is here in our new house...and due to the hot weather the Goose will be served in 2 hours :lol:

Here the bloom:
proxy.php

And the first shave today with Mystic Waters - WOW perfect lather in record time! Just so hard to stop face lathering...
proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Thank you good sir - we have long Christmas festivities this year as the family from Austria is here in our new house...and due to the hot weather the Goose will be served in 2 hours :lol:

Here the bloom:
proxy.php

And the first shave today with Mystic Waters - WOW perfect lather in record time! Just so hard to stop face lathering...
proxy.php

Goose, goose, haven't had any good goose for over 20 years....things I miss.

Rudy Vey

Do not forget, I am not only restore and make complete brushes, but I also make handles for people that buy their own knots.
If you are interested, contact me.

Rudy Vey

Do you make brushes with a team logo like say Dodgers or Yankees etc ?

Depends. I just cannot have the logo engraved as this is protected by copyright and my engraver would not do it. But, if you have a medal, coin etc, this can be inlaid into the bottom of the brush.

Rudy Vey

Just got a extremely nice piece of Desert Ironwood in. This is an outstanding piece, and even shows some burl eyes. Size-wise, depending on shape, a 24/25 mm knot would be the maximum size for the knot.

Rudy Vey

Just got a extremely nice piece of Desert Ironwood in. This is an outstanding piece, and even shows some burl eyes. Size-wise, depending on shape, a 24/25 mm knot would be the maximum size for the knot.

After further review of the piece of Desert Ironwood, it is clearly an outstanding piece of very rare Desert Ironwood burl. Never saw one like this before.

Rudy Vey

Can you describe what the ironwood looks like, Rudy?

It is a dark brown, very dense and heavy wood (...ironwood...). I try to post a picture later today. This is just such an outstanding piece, and in all the years I use this great wood, the first piece of burl I have seen. It is the perfect wood for knife handles, pistol grips, pens, and yes, Shaving brushes.

Rudy Vey

It is a dark brown, very dense and heavy wood (...ironwood...). I try to post a picture later today. This is just such an outstanding piece, and in all the years I use this great wood, the first piece of burl I have seen. It is the perfect wood for knife handles, pistol grips, pens, and yes, Shaving brushes.

Just took a picture of it.$IMG_3089.jpg

Top Bottom