What's new

Aqua Velva + Deodorant Combination?

Hello all, new member here.

I am an Aqua Velva person. What deodorants exist that do not clash with the scent?

Currently I'm going w/ AV + Old Spice (High Endurance Original Scent)

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B! :001_smile

I'd say you're good to go. I use AV (Ice Sport or Original Sport) with the Classic Original Old Spice deodorant. Works fine as AV doesn't last long at all.

Solution: unscented deodorant + rub some AV in the pits = AV-scented deodorant.

I use Mitchum Greenwood and never notice a clash, they also make a very effective unscented.

I don't want an anti-perspirant though, like Mitchum.

Naturally Fresh Roll-On Deodorant (Unscented version)

It is unscented, convenient, available locally in many drug stores (though not all. I have seen it in all Whole Foods that I've checked though), and it is not an antiperspirant.

I find that this brand roll-on works better than just a regular alum crystal (which I've also tried) possibly because there are a couple other ingredients in it to counteract smells. One note: It seems to go quickly if you have a lot of underarm hair. It just keeps soaking in and pretty soon you've killed the bottle. To save money, and smell less you might want to consider some clipping or shaving there. Since I've done that, the product works even better and I use much, much less.

Edited to add: just a side note. When I recommend it, I mean that it is very effective. Not just for non-antiperspirant product, I mean I rarely got results this good with an antiperspirant. And since it works by eradicating the bacteria, it also stops those unsightly yellow stains on undershirts. I had to throw some away because of stains created when I was wearing antiperspirant. (I know they're undershirts, but let me just say that if you're undressing in front of someone, chances are you want to make a good impression, no?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom