What's new

Schick Injector B and C types

I've shaved six times with my B2, using a Pella blade. Tomorrow, unless I change my mind, I plan to try out my C1. I also have a C2 that I'll try some time.

Not really sure where to rank the B among my injectors. It worked quite well enough, but wasn't my favorite. Maybe I needed more time to get used to it.

About the blades. The most disconcerting thing about these is that there are no blade stops at the corners of the cutting edge; they are held in entirely by being pinched at the top. On both of my C types I had to compress this blade holder to the point where it seemed to be holding the blade securely, and of course, that risked damaging the razor. The B type already held the blade securely, but maybe a previous owner had adjusted it. From comments by others, I gather that this is common, and that the original blades may have been a little thicker.

I have not shaved with a Type C yet, but I find my B-2 to be more aggressive than a Type E or G, but not as aggressive as a Type A.

Getting a good shave with them is very dependent on maintaining blade angle. At least, that has been my experience.

Last edited:
I'm going to give my C1 a run tomorrow morning - first time since I received it....I'll let you know.:blink:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've used my C-2 Type with modern blades, they seemed to work fine without my intervention or modification. Who knows what else had been done to it down through the years though as far as tightening up the blade holder. The shave was ok, I thought like an E Type, but I haven't repeated the process too often. The square handle took some getting used to, and I couldn't help wondering about water leaking into the blade magazine, where there were some vintage blades stacked.

I used my C1 this morning, picture in the SOTD thread. Just another great injector shave, hard to say based on one shave exactly where it ranks. The open comb felt a little strange, not bad, just strange.

I agree with garyg that water leaking into the handle and corroding the spare blades would be a concern. Since I'm not actually using this as a travel razor, I just put in one blade at a time.

I have not shaved with a Type C yet, but I find my B-2 to be more aggressive than a Type E or G, but not as aggressive as a Type A.

Getting a good shave with them is very dependent on maintaining blade angle. At least, that has been my experience.

Oh, now that's just bragging!! :lol:

-jim

My first C1 shave today was great. BBS in 3 passes. As others have said, the handle is a little strange, but not too strange. As with all of my injectors, the performance is stellar and ....a bit boring compared to DE.

I guess there's no guesswork with an injector - just whip it around your face and get great results. DE's and SE's require concentration. I do enough of that all day long so injectors allow me to float off to spaghetti land or wherever....

Top Bottom