What's new

Boar Brush Poll #1 - Manufacturer, Knot size, Knot color

First round of choices

• MANUFACTURER: Semogue

• MANUFACTURER: Omega

• MANUFACTURER: Vulfix

• MANUFACTURER: Other [Kent, Vie-Long, etc.] (put choice comments)

• KNOT COLOR: Dyed blue with white tips

• KNOT COLOR: Uniform dark or light Brown

• KNOT COLOR: Cream (undyed boar hair)

• KNOT COLOR: Two toned dark / light ("imitation badger")

• KNOT SIZE: 26 mm

• KNOT SIZE: 24 mm

• KNOT SIZE: 22 mm

• KNOT SIZE: Bigger than 26 mm or smaller than 22 mm (put choice comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, gents. So I can only post one question with 12 options. That means that I will be combining questions into a few polls.

For this poll, I am asking the desired manufacturer, and knot size.

Now, due to the poll constraints, some of these options imply multiple choices. We will flesh those out in other polls. For example, if a large percentage (>15%, i think) choose 'KNOT SIZE: Bigger than 26 mm or smaller than 22mm', then we will follow it up with a poll of the choices found in the comments.

The other two polls:
[THREAD=160834]Poll #2: Handle Style, Handle Color[/THREAD]
[THREAD=160836]Poll #3: Loft Height, Hair Grade, Price[/THREAD]

Edit: Notice that the poll will end on Sunday

Last edited:
i think having a ridiculously large sized boar knot could be fun. how about something along the lines of a chubby 3 in boar? :w00t:

Selected other for Mfg only because I have no preference on that point.

Looking forward to seeing the final results and the price point.

R

rodeo

why not start another thread or two to complete all the questions?

why not start another thread or two to complete all the questions?

Yeah, you think that would be better than trying to keep it to just 3 thread for now? I'm making the 3rd one right now with Loft Height, Hair Grade and Price. Would you gents prefer that I break that up, or keep it the way it is now? Unfortunately, I can't edit the polls after the fact...

Omega is really picking up some votes, gents! Semogue might not be the clear winner that I thought it would be!

Omega is really picking up some votes, gents! Semogue might not be the clear winner that I thought it would be!

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Dangerous stuff but hey, it's only a vote, right? It's not like I'm buying anything... yet.

+1. I'll have to luck out and have most of the dimensions land where I want them to buy this brush. I don't care about knot diameter, but I'm keen on it being a Semogue acrylic handle with 830 bristle grade (un-dyed) and a loft of 50mm. I'll be shocked if that happens.

-Andy

Last edited:
I have only ever used a Vulfix boar for my first several months of wetshaving....

Would be keen on getting a special boar... I'd like to go the Semogue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom