What's new

Aristocrat ID assistance request. Or is this even an Aristocrat?

Sorry for not having pics at the moment, but the razor I refer to is gold, and has two "bands" on the handle. The band near the head is knurled. The band near the TTO mechanism is fluted (like the rest of the razor) but not knurled.

If that's not drawing enough of a mental picture, I can post pics in about an hour and a half. Thanks in advance!

It sounds like an Aristocrat to me. There are two different types of kurling on the handle. One is the way you described and the other is where the top and bottom is un-knurled (fluted so to speak)

Thanks for your quick response, Brian. I'm happy that I found one for a relatively low price, and now I'm on the hunt for a matching case.

Anyone care to elaborate on Brian's post? Where am I date-wise with the variation that I own? I'm Aristocrat-dumb.

If it has notches on the center bar it would be a 1948-50 model. 1946-47 models were unnotched.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry for not having pics at the moment, but the razor I refer to is gold, and has two "bands" on the handle. The band near the head is knurled. The band near the TTO mechanism is fluted (like the rest of the razor) but not knurled.

sounds like the aristocrat introduced in 1948, especially if it's notched. the '48 was fluted at the bottom and knurled at the top, like the rest of the razor. i don't believe there is an aristocrat that was fluted throughout the handle.

Top Bottom