What's new

combination open comb & straight bar?

Does (or did) any manufacturer make a razor that has a straight bar on one side and an open comb on the other? If so, what it is it called? If not, did I just come up with an amazing idea?! :001_smile It seems that it would be nice to have a razor with one aggressive side and one mild side, although it might require more frequent blade changes (unless you were to use each side equally).

I don't believe I have ever heard of such a razor concoction such as that, but it would be rather nice to see one like that. :thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The idea was on the table when a certain vendor (now banned) asked for ideas on what to do. I have no idea if the idea ended up in a razor that was sold to the public.

I've seen a few pics of vintage razors that have just that, but I can't find any of the threads. They are out there, I'll keep looking and update if I find anything.

EDIT: What a better way to find a thread than to post that you can't find it:lol: Here's one link.

Last edited:
Does (or did) any manufacturer make a razor that has a straight bar on one side and an open comb on the other? If so, what it is it called? If not, did I just come up with an amazing idea?! :001_smile It seems that it would be nice to have a razor with one aggressive side and one mild side, although it might require more frequent blade changes (unless you were to use each side equally).

I have some razors with different sides, tho either both sides bar or both sides oc. They shave very well. I like having an aggressive side and a milder side.

Also the Eclipse Red ring, here's mine (I got it with a Gillette set)

proxy.php

and here's the link to other pics.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131223&highlight=eclipse+ring&page=3

Top Bottom