What's new

Acquisition Disorders...

Before I arrived here I suffered from only three acquisition disorders:

CAD - Cigar Acquisition Disease
PAD - Pipe Acquisition Disease
TAD - Tobacco (Pipe) Acquisition Disease

Now, thanks to all the great members here and those in the wetshaving thread on cigarasylum.com, I have a whole new bunch of AD's to add to the list...dunno if they've been named like this before but here goes...

RAD - Razor Acquisition Disease (bought three)
RBAD - Razor Blade Acquisition Disease ( have about ten types to try now)
SBAD - Shaving Brush Acquisition Disease (eyeing my third one on ebay)
BSAD - Brush Stand Acquisition Disease (have two, eyeing a third one on ebay)
SSAD - Shaving Soap Acquisition Disease (have two, the third is on the way)
SMAD - Shaving Mug Acquisition Disease (this includes cups, bowls, and etc., I have two, third is on the way)
ASAD - After Shave Acquisition Disease (includes all pre and posts, etc., I have way more than is good for me)
SRAD - Straight Razor Acquisition Disease (haven't got there yet, thanks, but I'm itching to try it)

I'm beginning to realize that this could quickly get out of hand...and if you edge towards being an impulse buyer you could wind up in a lot of trouble (I sorta walk the edge on that one)...did I miss anything?

No you're pretty much right on track:thumbup1:. As time goes by you learn to control the AD's but the acquisitions get pricier and harder to explain to your wife but easier to justify.:blush:

Just be glad you don't hang out on Gibson and Fender boards like I do. Succumbing to that kind of GAD will have you living in a cardboard box in no time.

:blink:

Jeff in Boston

I no longer consider my shaving purchases as an "acquisition disorder". I've acquired what I need, and now am more in maintenance mode.

I do have cigar, pipe and tobacco AD, however.

Another common one on this site is SMAD (Single Malt).:001_smile

I admit it, I have a BAD, Bourbon Acquisition Disorder, while expensive isn't quite so bad.
I'll admit also that this sight has contributed to my disorder.

Before I arrived here I suffered from only three acquisition disorders:

CAD - Cigar Acquisition Disease
PAD - Pipe Acquisition Disease
TAD - Tobacco (Pipe) Acquisition Disease

Now, thanks to all the great members here and those in the wetshaving thread on cigarasylum.com, I have a whole new bunch of AD's to add to the list...dunno if they've been named like this before but here goes...

SMAD - Shaving Mug Acquisition Disease (this includes cups, bowls, and etc., I have two, third is on the way)
ASAD - After Shave Acquisition Disease (includes all pre and posts, etc., I have way more than is good for me)
SRAD - Straight Razor Acquisition Disease (haven't got there yet, thanks, but I'm itching to try it)

I'm beginning to realize that this could quickly get out of hand...and if you edge towards being an impulse buyer you could wind up in a lot of trouble (I sorta walk the edge on that one)...did I miss anything?
Shaving Creams, Strops, Scuttles/Bowls, and hones!

I'm the opposite as I've come down with TAD and PAD at the moment.

Have you ever used a fountain pen? :lol:

SSAD - Shaving Supply Acquisition Disease
there fixed it for ya. less categories, less guilt. :thumbup:

Top Bottom