What's new

Recommend a Pu-erh!

I like the Menghai V93, it was my first Pu-erh and it was quite enjoyable.

By the way, do you drive a blue s2000 around the DC area? Because the license plate on that is the same as your username.

I like the Menghai V93, it was my first Pu-erh and it was quite enjoyable.

By the way, do you drive a blue s2000 around the DC area? Because the license plate on that is the same as your username.
holy crap, no! I drive an o&b civic and don't like vanity plates. So there's a dude driving around DC in a honda and with my username as his plate? I'm liable to go all stan-the-man on him! :angry:

:biggrin1:

So where do you get yours? The first pu-erhs I had were leathery and sort of sweet. Is that what I can expect from most?

So a few in winter I tried these Pu-erh from Upton Tea Imports:
Pu-Erh #1
Pu-Erh #2

I found I liked it well enough and want to try more. Any of you gents tried either of those and/or have any other recommendations?

Kam at Funalliance.com had a really solid black cake last time I ordered, but he seems to be spread a bit thin these days (I emailed asking if he was still in business, since he hadn't updated forever, and got a very polite but very stressed-out sounding reply saying that he was). He always ran the site as a hobby, I think, so I don't know if he's paying that much attention to the site.

If you want a pu-erh overload, check out Yunnan Sourcing. I'm overdue for a pu-erh order, and I'm probably making it there.

You might also check out Hou De Asian Art (houdeasianart.com). I've gotten tea from Guang since the site was founded, but his tea has gotten upscale much quicker than my tea budget has. He does, however, have a very interesting-looking cooked (shu) cake for a reasonable price.

EDIT: Also: hooray for Upton Tea! I bought from them when I first started, and their pu-erh was what got me hooked on the stuff. It was quite nice, though their "imperial" pu-erh was just too smooth...I preferred their normal kind.

Top Bottom