What's new

I Reached My Goal and Got More Than I Expected

Sometime ago I posted the thread, "I Quit Being Fat" and stated my goal was to weigh in at 160 and wear 30x32 pants. I weighed in Saturday at 158.2 and I am now wearing 30x32; however, I have gotten much more than I expected and would like to list them.

1. The most touching was from a B&B member who PM'd me to say he finished the C25K program and that I inspired him.

2. My doctor released me from 6 month bloodwork and checks to just get an annual physical. My lab tests are better than normal and those of a very healthy person.

3. Blood pressure is normal.

4. Sleep Apnea is gone.

5. I feel great and my mind is sharper.

6. I can run 10k but now I don't want to stop. 5k was great, but I wanted to reach 10k and now that I've done it, I want to run a half marathon. Where will it stop? There's some 5k's coming up locally in September and October that I'll enter.

7. I'm working on overall fitness and am lifting weights 3x / week and beginning to see results there.

For all those who supported me, thanks!

Last edited:
Good for you! I decided to quit being fat too. 16 months ago I weighed 307 lbs, had sleep apnea and borderline high blood pressure. Now I weigh 245 and do not have sleep apnea, and my blood pressure is excellent. I want to lose 25 more lbs, then I'll reevaluate.
I hope we can be a source of inspiration to some of the gents here at B&B that want to lose weight and get in better shape too.

Outstanding results, good for you!! :thumbup1: I read your other thread too & it truly is inspirational.

I dropped around 45lbs over the past year and a half or so & have managed to keep it off, though I am still around 10-15lbs from where I want to be. For me, the moment of truth came when I saw some pictures of me helping my son learn to ride a dirt bike in the backyard. I looked terrible & I was embarrassed!! At that time I weighed around 230-235, and at 5'11", it was not a good weight for me. That's when I decided to quit being fat.

I'm down to around 185 now and have been able to maintain it with little trouble, but I have hit a plateau that I am trying to break out of to get to my goal of 170-175. I'm in a 32x32 pant size now and pretty happy with it, but not satisfied.

My wife and I are trying the C25K and getting the whole family involved in evening walk/runs 3x per week. Neither of our 2 kids (12 and 8 y.o.)have had weight problems to this point and I don't want them to. Some of our friends and family thought we were crazy for making them exercise (sit ups and push ups) to earn video game time, but my son (12) can crank out 20+ push ups and 30+ sit ups now like nobody's business after barely being able to do 2-3 push ups at this time last year. My daughter (8) thinks it is cool to exercise because her big brother does it, so it is positive peer pressure also.

Like you, I have seen health improvements too. My blood pressure is down, my stamina is up, and I no longer snore.

Keep up the good work, and I hope your experience inspires others to quit being fat too!!!! :thumbup:

- Steve :001_cool:

Congrats! I remember your original post and was happy to see this update. Losing weight is so hard to do but so satisfying when you accomplish it. Plus it puts you into a special club that so many people will never get to experience. Kinda of like DE shaving :lol:. Keep it up and keep inspiring others, don't be afraid to tell your story.

This is really great. You've not only managed to lose weight and achieve your goal, but you're realizing that a healthier lifestyle can impact you in other ways, as well. That's how you know you've succeeded. When exercise and eating healthy become a part of your life and you appreciate it for what it is and don't view it as a pain in the butt.

Congrats...I'm in the boat you started in...I need to loose 50 pounds...I'm diabetic (type 2) and have high blood pressure and high cholesterol...I've lost 10 pounds but now I'm sorta stuck...what's the C25k program?

Top Bottom