What's new

Have you found shaving nirvana?

Have you found shaving nirvana?

• Not yet

• Yes, with DE but not straights.

• Yes, with DE but I haven't tried straights yet.

• Yes, with straights but not DE.

• Yes, with DE and straights.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yes, I have found it.:001_smile
And I use DE razors only, not sure if I will ever try a straight. I am so happy with my Double Edge razors!:thumbup:

I wouldn't say I've found nirvana yet. My technique still needs some refining but I'm really happy with the products I use and the results I get. I'm close enough to nirvana to say I get a damn fine shave every time I use good technique!

I want to give straight razors a try but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I wouldn't say I have reached Nirvana yet, but I'm close. Once I conquer my stupid neck, I'll be there. As for straights, I have only had a few shaves with mine, so I still suck, but there's a lot of potential and can't wait to get better.

Very close to DE Nirvana. Used a Feather in a Merkur Progress this morning and needed only two WTG passes to achieve a BBS. Some days seemingly are better than others.

Well, I take the position that shaving nirvana is unreachable, hence you never get there.

It's the journey, grasshopper.

I have been DE Wet shaving since late April. I have found shaving nirvana. After years of mediocre shaves with the so called multi-blade wonders, I switched.

I have never had such exceptional shaves as get each day now.

Like some of you I don't know if I'll try straights but I love DE. Absolutely love the Red Personna in my late 50's SS. Still trying to workout the right product combo for my skin type (very oily and prone to breakouts).

Hex said:
Well, I take the position that shaving nirvana is unreachable, hence you never get there.

It's the journey, grasshopper.

This is what I was going to say. For me it's about the journey and if I ever reached Nirvana I would become bored or move on to the next thing. I don't want this journey to end.

I'm nearly there with a DE, just need to work on getting my neck a little closer. I have my grandfather's straight razor, but just looking at the thing scares me. Maybe one day I'll get up enough nerve to try it out (after getting it professionally honed first).

Yes, with DE. I've used straights and appreciate them, but it took too long to shave and I'd rather toss a blade than maintain it.

I thought I was getting there for a while... But I still can't tackle my neck. Even 2 gentle passes with a mild razor WTG gives me razor burn. Maybe time to try a single, more aggressive pass with a sharper razor.

Top Bottom