What's new

Teavana

Has anyone tried tea from this place? Im going into the city tomorrow and plan on stopping by just to check it out. Theyre pretty commercial from what I can tell. Im probably gonna pick up some rooibos since it's pretty hard to screw that up :biggrin1:

:glare:

Thats a shame, was really looking forward to buying tea in person as opposed to internet. Maybe Ill stop by Chinatown!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Is Teavana the best place to go and buy tea?
No.

Having said that, if you realize that their prices are a "bit" on the high side, and most of the staff is pretty ignorant of tea in general, they do have some teas that are quite nice.

They have some very good Oolongs as well as Japanese Green.

They cater quite a bit to the "fruity" party tea type, but there are some good ones there.

Go take a look, you only have to make yourself happy, just put it in your head that your first trip there you are NOT going to buy ANYTHING. Just browse the teas and try some samples.

They tend to try to push the high priced tea "sets" they carry, which are priced over the top.

So, in a nutshell, don't plan on buying a pot there, but try some of their teas, it's not Dantes Inferno no matter what the doomsayers tell you.

Art of Shaving carries some very high priced crap hardware, and the staff is generally clueless about wetshaving, but folks almost unanimously agree that they have some good software products.

My opinion on this has been clearly stated in other threads but just in case...

Don't do it. They know nothing about tea. They do not sell a single oolong that I've seen that is reasonable. Give up on buying tea in person. It only brings heartache.*

* Unless you are one of the lucky few to have a decent brick and mortar vendor in town.

I got my tetsubin from them and find it of high quality and overall I find it to be nice. Also the tea tins they offer are of good quality. Other than that, its just a headache to walk in the store. Though if you want some entertainment ask one of them whether their puerh is sheng of shu, get ready for a stutter fest:lol::lol:

I got my tetsubin from them and find it of high quality and overall I find it to be nice. Also the tea tins they offer are of good quality. Other than that, its just a headache to walk in the store. Though if you want some entertainment ask one of them whether their puerh is sheng of shu, get ready for a stutter fest:lol::lol:

I dont even know what that means to be honest :blush:

Just got back. There was some very nice stuff - I could never justify spending that much on sets though. The tea didnt seem ridiculously priced, slightly higher than what I usually pay but I dropped $5 on some tropical rooibos anyway. Didnt really seem drawn to the other stuff, the sample tea they had brewing was tasty but sweet.
I just got the rooibos for my ladyfriends that stop by from time to time - theyre not really into the obscure oolongs I have =P

I had one experience with Teavana. Now, I've only been drinking tea "seriously" for about a year and a half, so I'm no expert. Still, the tea I received tasted really off. Some of it was beyond weak, and some was just BAD. I tried to tweak the brew times and temperatures with no luck. I had ordered from the website, so I contacted them about returning the unopened packages. They said no. So, I kept them in case I ever accidentally ran out of tea from my favorite shops. That happened this week. My order from my favorite place was delayed, so I took out a sealed package of English Breakfast. Ugh. Mr. Crafty is going to take it to work so a friend of his (who is just starting his tea journey) will know why Teavana is a no-go.

Top Bottom