What's new

A show us your desktop wallpaper thread...

My current - while I'm waiting for the Premier League to start (½ size)

proxy.php

I've been reading a lot of Greek mythology lately, and I must admit that since I started shaving, I've been paying an extra bit of attention to Hermes, for no better reasons than him being Merkur's namesake and because he is one of the few gods who is consistently portrayed as clean-shaven (the only other one of the twelve major gods being Apollo).

After finishing Ovid's Metamorphoses, I re-read one of my favorite collections of Greek myths: Bernard Evslin's Heroes, gods, and monsters of the Greek myths. In it, he typically includes a rough hand-drawn sketch of each chapter's main character, and I was really taken by his sketch of Hermes. Long-story short (too late), I scanned the image into photoshop, played with the contrast for a second, put a border around it and then a drop shadow, and bam (!), my new desktop:

proxy.php

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
A tight crop from a picture of Diana Dors I had to correct recently. I like the way the printing screen makes it look like an old comic book, when it is blown up to full screen size.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom